Best high mag scope for foxing

Hay i was just wondering what everyones opinion is on the best high magnification variable rifle scope for shooting foxes in the lamp at long ranges. I currently have a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 which is an awesome glass but dont think it gathers quite as much light as my old 8x56 Swarovski. If i was going to upgrade i was looking as the Schmidt and Bender PMII 5-25x56 or the Zeiss 6-24x56. It has to have a fine crosshair and illuminated reticule.

Good glass fixed mag is what my mate always says.

He used to shoot loads of foxes with his own build custom 22-250 and never went for variable magnification.

He also makes his own lee dot reticules.

Not known him use anything else!

Edited by masmiffy
Guest busterdog

Hay i was just wondering what everyones opinion is on the best high magnification variable rifle scope for shooting foxes in the lamp at long ranges. I currently have a Nightforce NXS 5.5-22x56 which is an awesome glass but dont think it gathers quite as much light as my old 8x56 Swarovski. If i was going to upgrade i was looking as the Schmidt and Bender PMII 5-25x56 or the Zeiss 6-24x56. It has to have a fine crosshair and illuminated reticule.

I've got the schmidt & bender 5x25x56 and the reason your loosing the light is because you've got the mag up to much, if you take it back to 8x56 then it'll be a 8x56.

I've got the schmidt & bender 5x25x56 and the reason your loosing the light is because you've got the mag up to much, if you take it back to 8x56 then it'll be a 8x56.

Is there anything that wont lose as much light even when the mag is turned up a bit?

Well,I shoot a lot of foxes with my 6-24x56 Zeiss so I am a bit biased,but,I have used a nightforce and would definitely say that it doesn't come close to the Zeiss,I upgraded from the S&B as well,so,what more can I say.............Martin

the zeiss is the dogs dangles mate. the old model or the new fl glass model. ive got the older model 6x24x56 and in low light and lamping its unreal.

i have the 43 mildot ir retical. i wasnt keen on mildot but this come uo at the right price. and now i love it. the mildots are not big and its thin enought to see small varmints at very long range.

i hear the ior is very good and well priced. not as much choice of recticals and 40 mm scope tube imo is to big.

not all companys make 40mm scope mounts and if they do they will be very dear i hear ior's own mounts are not the best to

Edited by jamie g