Slip leads

i know a saddler who used to make a simple 3.5 ft lead with a loop/handle one end and nothing at the other end , no catches to f**k up and keeps it simple.

collars , well everyone seems to be raving over strongstuff collars but they dont come in leather

Strongstuff collars are just as the name imply's and are made for strong dogs (typically Bull/Wheaton or Deer crosses) that can pull/snatch at the first sign of game at the end of the beam. They are made from the same material as seatbelts and are probably strong enough to tow your car with! so put up with the strain of an eager dog a lot better then Leather ever could.

Leather collars will usually give out as the 'D' ring is constantly being snatched against the leather. I have one for Roo and can highly recommend them.

These can be a bit large/stiff on some slighter sized Lurchers so check out his website for more info.

For a normal Lurcher, a simple leather Greyhound collar will probably suffice, you can pick them up on-line for a few pounds. Or if you want something a bit special DDD or Blackspring from this site make custom made leather collars which are also excellent quality.

I have one from DDD engraved with a Lurcher working a Roe and with my phone Nº on the inside which is again excellent quality.

For a slip lead, you can use all manner of things, some use a piece of bailer twine with a loop tied in one end, others buy specially made weaved nylon slip leads, Strongstuff can supply these

and although I've never used one I've heard some real good reviews of them.

I tried using string then rope as a slip but found it cut into my wrist when Roo tried pulling away. I now use a piece of old lorry strap that I cut to length and sewed a loop in one end. I've found this works really well and is comfortable to use all night long.

Hope this helps fella. :good:

whats wrong with a good bit of thin gauge rope!?

Nowt wrong mate and costs nowt to replace if you lose em as much as i do :thumbs:

Ive tried all sorts, rope etc, thing is rope isnt that comfy on yer hands if your dogs pull like mine do on times! Got Strong Stuff slip leads and cant fault them :thumbs:

Strongstuff collars are just as the name imply's and are made for strong dogs (typically Bull/Wheaton or Deer crosses) that can pull/snatch at the first sign of game at the end of the beam. They are made from the same material as seatbelts and are probably strong enough to tow your car with! so put up with the strain of an eager dog a lot better then Leather ever could.

Leather collars will usually give out as the 'D' ring is constantly being snatched against the leather. I have one for Roo and can highly recommend them.

These can be a bit large/stiff on some slighter sized Lurchers so check out his website for more info.

For a normal Lurcher, a simple leather Greyhound collar will probably suffice, you can pick them up on-line for a few pounds. Or if you want something a bit special DDD or Blackspring from this site make custom made leather collars which are also excellent quality.

I have one from DDD engraved with a Lurcher working a Roe and with my phone Nº on the inside which is again excellent quality.

For a slip lead, you can use all manner of things, some use a piece of bailer twine with a loop tied in one end, others buy specially made weaved nylon slip leads, Strongstuff can supply these

and although I've never used one I've heard some real good reviews of them.

I tried using string then rope as a slip but found it cut into my wrist when Roo tried pulling away. I now use a piece of old lorry strap that I cut to length and sewed a loop in one end. I've found this works really well and is comfortable to use all night long.

Hope this helps fella. :good:

The collar expert over here :tongue2: I know who to ask if i want any products reviewing :toast:

The collar expert over here :tongue2: I know who to ask if i want any products reviewing :toast:

Tell you what, you buy it for me and I'll gladly do you a review! :D

Different collars for different jobs. I used the collar I got from DDD at a Lure coursing meet and Roo almost ripped through the leather by constant snatching at the lead so they just won't take the stick I need them too.

Cuagusgiorrai, that's exactly what I use.