cartridges for duck/geese

First of all, "SORRY" Guy's, I was expecting another "STEEL" Dont kill debate's. With out doubt HD is awesome but for me the Price does not stand up to the Advantage over the other non toxic. I have been Very Very lucky to have had and still have Many Many opportunity's, to try various Non Toxic on Geese of many species, I personaly use 36gm Steel 3s-2s-1s Gamebore,Remington,Saga and this season i will be trying Fiochi. I use a 3" Steel profed 12ga 1/4-1/2 choke-sbs, if i do my bit up 50-55yrd a Goose will be Killed very cleanly every time, i have to say i belive "CONFIDENCE" is a "BIG" Factor along with ability.Without trying to come accross as BIG HEADED I do seem to have the knack of getting up front eg Head and Neck. We all like different Women,cars food etc and Cartidge's Guns are no different. To many people fall into the trap Miss a Goose or two and a Mate say Cartidge's are rubbish gun to small get a 10ga or 8ga AAA-BBB-BB thats what you need for Geese "WRONG" Practice with you fav gun, get some shells to suit your needs, build your confidence and shoot within your ability and Respect your Qaurry and enjoy your Sport. :thumbs::thumbs:

I think that is very good advice :thumbs:

How much do you pay for steel cartridges?

Depending on make. any where from £5.80 (fiochi,saga) per 25 up to £20 per 25 for Remington. Saga,Victory and Gambore can be bought in box's of ten.Without doubt the early Steel was a bit dodgy, Most i have tried in the last 2yrs is getting better, Steel also does take a bit of getting used to, do to it's "FAST" speed. This i feel is where people can give Steel a bad name of "NOT" killing and eratic. eg they miss or only catch a bird on the fringe of the Pattern, the comment being "missed most, cliped wouded a few but i DID KILL a couple!!!!!!!!! My advice to any one is before you spend Big money on those Magical Wonder non toxic cartidges. "FIRST" VERY INPORTANT Cheak you gun is Steel proof buy ten and give them ago, draw your own conclusion's. Beware though "ALL" Gun shop are there to SELL!!!!!!!!!!!! If they have it in stock they will try to sell it to you Good or Bad. Hope some of my post has been of help, after all i have had help on the way. Wish you ALL well for the fast approuching Season. Practice, be confidence, stick to you own ability, respect your Quarry and enjoy . Steel will put a smile on your face with a Goose or Duck a two in the bag :good:

Thanks for the good advice, This is what I have brought to try out: Gamebore Mammoth 3 1/2'' shot 1 42grams steel, Gamebore TMX 2 1/2'' shot 5 32grams iron/tungsten mix, Remington nitro-steel magnum 3'' shot 1 35grams and Remington sportsman hi-speed steel 3 1/2'' shot 2 39grams, Hopefully I will find one or two that I like, cheers. Ben

Thanks for the good advice, This is what I have brought to try out: Gamebore Mammoth 3 1/2'' shot 1 42grams steel, Gamebore TMX 2 1/2'' shot 5 32grams iron/tungsten mix, Remington nitro-steel magnum 3'' shot 1 35grams and Remington sportsman hi-speed steel 3 1/2'' shot 2 39grams, Hopefully I will find one or two that I like, cheers. Ben

Hi Ben You have given yourself a good mix to try, I think you'll find the Mammoths come top but just remember none have the stikeing power of Heavy shot or lead. Good luck Neil