found lurcher dog

Guest GoneToGround1

Guest GoneToGround1

sorry havent replied i havent noticed the post had any comments for some reason :blink: no the dog is not yours hes a dog and hes red. but good luck in finding your bitch. must say hes looking hell of alot better now he's alot happier in himself and he's hell of a lot stronger all in about 2 weeks. i know what you mean why would i give the dog back but it's not my dog at the end of the day and i dont want a bad name for keeping someone else's dogs even though he was in a really bad way noone has claimed him yet im happy to keep him if he works ok if not he'll go back to the guy who found him he's happy to keep him as a pet. dog has definetly been worked iv had him out with mine strolling across the local common almost every night. soon see what he's made of when the bulb is on...rant over.

Does he match any of the ones on this link?

http://www.doglost.co.uk/dog_search.php?status=Lost

There are 4 pages of them. Can you all have a look at them and see if you recognise any? Click on each one to see details.

Where do they all go?

:( Just checked and that link is not working as I thought it would. When the page comes up enter "lurcher" in the breed box and tick "photo list"

Edited by doe

few look like him but he's not on there...surely someone knows who's dog it is? maybe he has been dumped! :thumbdown:

Probably a daft question but have you had him scanned for a chip? If you decide to give him up I can find a rescue to take him, expierienced with working dogs. Where are you?

a mate of mine has found a lurcher dog he was found tuesday following his car late at night in the pis*ing down rain. after a few miles he stopped picked the dog up and brought it home after looking at it the next day seems the dog was in a bit of a state its riddled with mange and very thin. the dog has a large sore scab on him too i wont say where because if the owner or someone who knows the dog is on here they'l be able to tell me straight away where it is. anyway i'v got the dog in my kennels at the moment im trying my best to get it right dont know how people can let dogs get in these states makes me sick, i wont put a pic up so anyone can just say its there dog if its your dog or you know someone who has lost a dog in south wales PM me with a description of him and if it matches the dog you can come pick the dog up from me in the mountain ash area. looks like hes been beaten a bit hes very timid and if he sees any fast movement hes on his stomach, also be nice if the owner could put a tidy bed down for him you can see where he's been laying on plain wood or maybe even rough concrete!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! if anyone wants my number drop me a pm and il give it to you.

Good on you matey.

Guest GoneToGround1

few look like him but he's not on there...surely someone knows who's dog it is? maybe he has been dumped! :thumbdown:

Probably a daft question but have you had him scanned for a chip? If you decide to give him up I can find a rescue to take him, expierienced with working dogs. Where are you?

i havent no, and cant feel any chip in his neck like you usually can??? and i wont be giving him up, if he works ok he can stay if not he will go back to the guy i had him off.

Guest Buttermilk

i havent no, and cant feel any chip in his neck like you usually can??? and i wont be giving him up, if he works ok he can stay if not he will go back to the guy i had him off.

How's the dog getting on now then...?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest GoneToGround1

How's the dog getting on now then...?

sorry havent replied been away for a bit. found the owner and looks like the dog was dumped! no idea why though apparently he's a good dog. had him out the other night from what i seen of him i liked hope he can keep it up