what is the best non CO2 pistol

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

is the Beeman Model 2004E 177 Air Pistol the same as the hw40?

i got a co2 and a old spring pistol. i am looking to add another. whats the best non Co2 pistol ?

It depends what you want to use it for, I have a old webley tempest .177 which I quite like for plinking in teh garden and taking out the odd rat.

Hiya Jac.

PHANTOM will aslo help you out re Pistol's.....know's his stuff :thumbs:

He should be back on here soon, he's been to a meet.

ATB.

Bill.

Thanks for the intro Bill :thumbs:

If I remember Jac wants one that is fairly quiet but needs to be accurate?

The HW45 is expensive and packs a hell of a punch at full power and it not that easy to learn to shoot on full either its also not the quietest.

I would suggest the HW40PCA if you just want it for target work? Its also a little pricey but a darn sight less so than the 45.

The identical model to the HW40 is the Beeman version considderably cheaper than the 40 due to it not being stamped HW, but its the same pistol.

I see you've joined the UBC forum :D welcome aboard if I havent already done so over there!

Pistol wise any questions you have would really be better posted over there; as the wealth of knowladge over there is incredible and yes we

Phantom

Funilly enough Dell,

I got my mits on one with a silencer and scope last saturday tested it out for Davy.

Very nice indeed.

But the SSP's such as the Beeman and HW40's are totally recoil free, making them perfect for putting holes through targets in the place you want them :thumbs:

Phantom

Using a 7grain pellet if you zero the pistol at 10 yards (30 feet) then you will have a PBR from Muzzle to 12 yards.

The remaining energy is about 1.75 ft/lbs and the pellet will hit travelling at over 300 feet per second so as long as you get it in the vitals (front third of body and head) a Rat would cerainly go down very quickly :yes:

Phantom

cool thanks :thumbs: any other ones you would sugest?

If you want a reasonably close to the limit Co2, then the Sherridan EB Range is a good choice, but I must admit they sound like Artillery guns, so if indoors wear ear defenders or plugs.

Other very accurate pistols in single stroke pnumatics include the Webley Alecto (Tested one of these last year at Coventry for the UBC) Very tight groups indeed and multi powered so not technically an SSP but close enough.

Another would be the Gamo Compact, much more a target piece and not 100% sure of the power, but they can be 'Tuned' a little.

Phantom