summer hunting

Guest fence_hopper

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont care what anyone says you got to do a bit through summer keep the dogs ticking over ....my dogs are hyper if they arnt doing what they are bred for ...if any of you lads who keep running dogs say

It must be different down south than up here. It would be pretty difficult to lamp in grass or crops up to your knees. I would imagine that a farmer would be less than pleased with someone skipping

give the quarry that gave you so much sport a rest in the summer,ok a few here and thier whilst excersising yes,how can a dog get on in the lamp with all those cracks in the ground,high corn,cows out,

Posted Images

Guest fence_hopper

fh why do you cause so much trouble on here?

you nly been onhere since may..another banned member i suppose :hmm:

fence hopper why you so cruel to micky1 hes a top hunter and only keeps top drawer stock.no whippets are greyhounds in his kennel.

i see what your what your doing mate :angel::laugh:

Guest fence_hopper

that my belief on whippets i tried them and it didnt work out so always get it crossed with something.

Fair enough. Of course if you've seen a couple you've seen them all - hard to get a good dog these day with all these weak whippets, stupid, slow bull crosses, untrainable salukis, wimpy collie crosses . . . . .

dont bite mate :thumbs:

well lads i gave it ago, and the only thing i can say is yes if a farmer or keeper realy needs you there then fair enough but theres no challenge for any dog this time of year. i wont be doing it again unless i have a pup to bring on. for all you guys who do it for the sakes of it with experienced dogs not pups well lets leave it there crack on with your easy cubs and pregnant does :thumbs:

agree with you on this never worked them in the summer not going to start :thumbs:

Folks may hunt in summer as the farmer demands it to keep permission, not always pleasant and I couldn't hunt on most of my permission as the cover is too high, as for the jibes about women hunters, I love lamping with my other half, she has her own dogs and I dare say she is more commited and in tune with hunting than 95% of the hunting lifes keyboard hunters and experts..........

Folks may hunt in summer as the farmer demands it to keep permission, not always pleasant and I couldn't hunt on most of my permission as the cover is too high, as for the jibes about women hunters, I love lamping with my other half, she has her own dogs and I dare say she is more commited and in tune with hunting than 95% of the hunting lifes keyboard hunters and experts..........

i dissagree on the women statement simoman :thumbs: no woman can do what we do,sorry you maybe saying this to get your leg over,but no way can a women control a 100lbs dog and get it of its quarry as quick as a man if you have a on top,and who the f-ck wants to be banged up with a women if it comes on top,get real fella :thumbs:

I try and get out as much as possible. Summer, winter what ever the month or season. I do tend to run the whippet in the summer as the grounds a bit hard for the big-un. Had a cracking course the other night that I would have paid good money to see. Soon as the the grounds soft enough, summer or winter the deerhound is coming out.

As for the hunting chicks thing - think they are best left at home - with the realtree jackets and SAS wannabees.

i dissagree on the women statement simoman :thumbs: no woman can do what we do,sorry you maybe saying this to get your leg over,but no way can a women control a 100lbs dog and get it of its quarry as quick as a man if you have a on top,and who the f-ck wants to be banged up with a women if it comes on top,get real fella :thumbs:

have to agree, would be quite funny watching a woman getting dragged around a field with a big dog while trying to break it off the gear.

kittens and knitting is quite safe for them :thumbs:

• Like 1

Its bad enough listening to a hormonal woman whaling at home when they got pre or post menstrual tension ffs never mind having to listen to her when out with the muts :thumbdown:

Guest fence_hopper

why do people worry about what others do with there dogs in the summer,ffs its there dogs let them do as they like,if your that worried about it fencehopper why dont you match a summer basher and show them that its easy :thumbs: you never know its easy you may even win :thumbs:

lol bud wouldnt waste my time fella my 11 yr beddy grey i took out and he made short work of mister charlie could of had a few more with him but i was satisfied with that. i'll just make them lamp shy from now on so no other c**ts carnt get them since i aint got a ddog to run, i seen 5 lamps that night :blink: ahwell fuk all to do with me they can carry on for all i care.

Edited by fence_hopper
Guest fence_hopper

why would you get banged up for catching rats a rabbits :D are you gay dread?

Rather go lamping with a woman than a f*****g bell end. They don't tend to suffer from thinking they are some kind of last action hero, with a 4 foot dick because their mut can catch a fox/rabbit/hare. Something a bit suspicious about all these boys only clubs that go hang out in laybys and dark fields at night :hmm:

i leave the lamping and ferreting till sept normally but somtimes do a bit of early lamping to bring a pup on.

i mooch with the lurchers for bunnies all year round, keeps them in good shape and keen.

rabbits nearly breed all year round nowadays anyway.

its each to there own.

im getting tempted to go for a mooch myself, iv itchy feet.... roll on september...

Guest deerhound hunter

not for me ,i might get out and do ferreting on my permission soon as the farmer has been asking me when i,m coming as it lifting with rabbits ,but was leaving them for my pup been out on the lamp 0nce when it was raining 2 weeks ago as my little cousin wanted me bring his dog on we got a hare and a few rabbits.