summer hunting

Guest fence_hopper

well lads i gave it ago, and the only thing i can say is yes if a farmer or keeper realy needs you there then fair enough but theres no challenge for any dog this time of year. i wont be doing it again unless i have a pup to bring on. for all you guys who do it for the sakes of it with experienced dogs not pups well lets leave it there crack on with your easy cubs and pregnant does :thumbs:

Competley agree mate,, people who lamp and hunt all through the summer relly piss me off,, they tend to be the people with shit dogs that carnt catch f**k all in winter because there dogs are used to running easy quarry,, when they get behind the proper gear they aint got the minerals,,

Its ok to go out now and then in summer to get some easy kills for a pup or young dog youre bringing on, and maybe the odd hour with the older dog to let some steam off on a very rare occasion,, but thats about it,, and even when bringing on a pup i try not to give them too much summer stuff as if you start them on harder gear, they tend to turn out that bit better in the long run, but you got to read the dog and balance it will easy kills, but thats a different story.

I think people who lamp and course or any hunting for that matter constantly throughout the summer are imo,,a disgrace to the sport,, they have no respect for the quarry or the land or fellow hunters and there just killing for killing sake, but like i say there is a trend with these type and they tend to be people who pass on dogs from pillow to post especialy early in the season after there dogs get behind REAL quarry and look shit (not the dogs faut),, theres a good few of these toss bags around my way and i aint ever seen them have a good dog,, ive given better away.

I hunt all year round because I love seeing my dogs run. Winter months its one dog, summer months its another dog. Works out really well for me.

I have met some of you poncy types with your stuck up noses and barber jkts. Giving it all the talk about doing this and that and how wonderful you are. Admit it that you only run in the winter coz your dogs have bad feet and wouldnt make the grade otherwise.

Bad dogs tend to get culled instead of being passed to pillow or post.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont care what anyone says you got to do a bit through summer keep the dogs ticking over ....my dogs are hyper if they arnt doing what they are bred for ...if any of you lads who keep running dogs say

It must be different down south than up here. It would be pretty difficult to lamp in grass or crops up to your knees. I would imagine that a farmer would be less than pleased with someone skipping

give the quarry that gave you so much sport a rest in the summer,ok a few here and thier whilst excersising yes,how can a dog get on in the lamp with all those cracks in the ground,high corn,cows out,

Posted Images

well lads i gave it ago, and the only thing i can say is yes if a farmer or keeper realy needs you there then fair enough but theres no challenge for any dog this time of year. i wont be doing it again unless i have a pup to bring on. for all you guys who do it for the sakes of it with experienced dogs not pups well lets leave it there crack on with your easy cubs and pregnant does :thumbs:

Competley agree mate,, people who lamp and hunt all through the summer relly piss me off,, they tend to be the people with shit dogs that carnt catch f**k all in winter because there dogs are used to running easy quarry,, when they get behind the proper gear they aint got the minerals,,

Its ok to go out now and then in summer to get some easy kills for a pup or young dog youre bringing on, and maybe the odd hour with the older dog to let some steam off on a very rare occasion,, but thats about it,, and even when bringing on a pup i try not to give them too much summer stuff as if you start them on harder gear, they tend to turn out that bit better in the long run, but you got to read the dog and balance it will easy kills, but thats a different story.

I think people who lamp and course or any hunting for that matter constantly throughout the summer are imo,,a disgrace to the sport,, they have no respect for the quarry or the land or fellow hunters and there just killing for killing sake, but like i say there is a trend with these type and they tend to be people who pass on dogs from pillow to post especialy early in the season after there dogs get behind REAL quarry and look shit (not the dogs faut),, theres a good few of these toss bags around my way and i aint ever seen them have a good dog,, ive given better away.

What a load of fecking crap!! Shit dogs, cantcatch in winter... were the hell are you from pal... I'll put my dog toe to toe with you on any date of the year mate..... dont mind all the opinions on here, its been good but to start calling peoples animals is ridiculous..

Spoken like a true retard with no idea of lurchers... Some of the lads on this thread who run all year round will put your dogs to shame on any quarry, there dogs do it 12 months of the year & I bet they see more game in a month than yours do in a season. They are of a certain type i.e if the dog isn't good enough they are PTS, but I imagine by your standards would probably still be wonderdogs. Your point of killing easy game in the summer & struggling in the winter shows you are backward, the dogs are already fit, running well & killing by the time yours are ticking over so are therefore better prepared for the REAL season. Lastly your statement "I've given better away" shows what a f*****g muppet you are, why give away if they're that good, or possibly they're wank & you're an emotional weakling who is afraid to PTS. You say these summer hunters with shit dogs are a disgrace, why not match them in the winter as you'd then have the advantage due to their dogs not being good enough for REAL GEAR as you say. I reckon if you ain't got the money to risk Dread will match you for a chocolate cake :yes:

merle24 i think you should get out with dread and prove to him what shit dogs he has, he will probably even wait for the 'season' for you aswell.

fencehopper i think you should go out for a shine with dread and show him how easy summer sport is.

maybe you could go out as a threesome as i heard dread likes it nice and tight in the motor (or snug as he calls it) :blink:

or drinking moon shine and beating you up with your banjo :D

f**k me Pantsdropper, me AND the Missus laughed out loud at that reply !! LOL !!!

Cheers.

c.p that's a f**king cracker ....... pantsdropper pmsl

terrier410 you are the one who started in with the "pm me" crap, I just wanted to know if maybe you were someone I knew since you said you were well known in your area. Why in the hell would I impersonate a welshman? Paranoid much?? :blink::blink::blink:

nice spin on words there do you work for the police.?

are you f*****g crazy?

must apologise for rising to the bait last night(but not for my posts) too much cwrw won't be reading any more on this thread and it might be a good idea if a few others followed suit.

nope, its just getting good

i run all year round and my dogs are just as good in the winter as they are summer time if any one wants to put there winter only wonder dogs against my summer bashing jackers i would be more than happy to relieve you of sum of your hard earned readies :thumbs: so dont be shy i hunt local to most of you on here

Maybe you should all arm wrestle?

Not a problem. :D

sorry Dan don't get too excited, I'm sure he means you would all have to be fully clothed ... :angel:

Its not "naked gay green jello arm wrestlin"? If not then count me out.

Dan, i'm up for some of that :icon_redface: Trouble is this topic is an emotive subject and will never be resolved, name calling and throwing mud is easy to do but rationalising an argument is harder, both sides have embedded views and although may understand both sides of the argument won't be able to reach a comprimise so its best to say good luck and move on before your titties get in even more of a twist :thumbs:

Dan, i'm up for some of that :icon_redface: Trouble is this topic is an emotive subject and will never be resolved, name calling and throwing mud is easy to do but rationalising an argument is harder, both sides have embedded views and although may understand both sides of the argument won't be able to reach a comprimise so its best to say good luck and move on before your titties get in even more of a twist :thumbs:

I love me some titty twistin. :feck:

You get the jello and I'm there fella. Honestly though as far as this being and "emotive" topic, I see no reason why it should be. I dont know any of yall but I would like to know the results of ole merle and fencehopper went head up with some of these "summer bashers". It would be interesting to see if their opinions changed a bit about the dogs that they merle was callin shit. I'm not cool enough to be a summer basher but I do jog my dogs perty much every night and of course we stumble on a thing or two here and there. I see nothing wrong with it.

some of you on here should read back what you have posted and have a think about it, idiot's come to mind,you should also apoligise to fence hopper the topic was summer hunting or does that meen somtheing else in your minds p.s this is posted to a minority

apoligise for what? he is the thl clown and the biggest idiot on this site :yes:

whin doesnt even talk as much shit :laugh:

Guest fence_hopper

i hunt all year round, i have to,theres just to much land for me to only run winter.

i never sale my dogs,there not passed from pillow to post,and there still here come winter,good dogs can and do catch all year round :thumbs:

for everyone descent one like you dread theres 50 of these scum bags (merle 24 talking about) if you dont live around these people you wont know what we mean there the dicks that give urs descent lads a bad name no respect for nothing, nobody or there quary. :thumbs:

Guest fence_hopper

some of you on here should read back what you have posted and have a think about it, idiot's come to mind,you should also apoligise to fence hopper the topic was summer hunting or does that meen somtheing else in your minds p.s this is posted to a minority

apoligise for what? he is the thl clown and the biggest idiot on this site :yes:

whin doesnt even talk as much shit :laugh:

cheers mate, thats me :blink: