summer hunting

Guest fence_hopper

Guest fence_hopper

well lads i gave it ago, and the only thing i can say is yes if a farmer or keeper realy needs you there then fair enough but theres no challenge for any dog this time of year. i wont be doing it again unless i have a pup to bring on. for all you guys who do it for the sakes of it with experienced dogs not pups well lets leave it there crack on with your easy cubs and pregnant does :thumbs:

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

dont care what anyone says you got to do a bit through summer keep the dogs ticking over ....my dogs are hyper if they arnt doing what they are bred for ...if any of you lads who keep running dogs say

It must be different down south than up here. It would be pretty difficult to lamp in grass or crops up to your knees. I would imagine that a farmer would be less than pleased with someone skipping

give the quarry that gave you so much sport a rest in the summer,ok a few here and thier whilst excersising yes,how can a dog get on in the lamp with all those cracks in the ground,high corn,cows out,

Posted Images

well lads i gave it ago, and the only thing i can say is yes if a farmer or keeper realy needs you there then fair enough but theres no challenge for any dog this time of year. i wont be doing it again unless i have a pup to bring on. for all you guys who do it for the sakes of it with experienced dogs not pups well lets leave it there crack on with your easy cubs and pregnant does :thumbs:

Nevermind mate they'll be hanging up their leashes soon :yes:

This is the only time of year you see anyone out round here :thumbdown: I met some lads the other morning at 6, I was taking my dogs out for a walk and they were coming back from shooting foxes, they rejoiced in telling me they had shot 8 cubs :icon_eek:

Edited by Fat-Ferret

dont care what anyone says you got to do a bit through summer keep the dogs ticking over ....my dogs are hyper if they arnt doing what they are bred for ...if any of you lads who keep running dogs say you dont touch a thing through summer are either bullshitters or messers ...iam out every day with my muts..things happen if your out every day ...unless your are dogs is shit............

just my opinion...iam proberly wrong ....you lot all feed barf and keep your dogs on a lead all summer . :whistling: .and only run stuff in the middle of winter when there at there best....thats because your all top dog men with top dogs... :notworthy:

Edited by snoopdog
  • Like 4

i dont see the point in summer hunting unless your bringing a pup but even then i dont like doing it id rather take me pup and older dog out on a night in season as i dont push my pup to young its better in winter nights as you have plenty to go on from summer bunnys and that it must be the cold that puts them of lol if its for pest control only then fare enuff but in my eyes summer hunting is a no no for me but were the only ones that hunt in are village the rest are shooters here so im not botherd atb mlb

dont care what anyone says you got to do a bit through summer keep the dogs ticking over ....my dogs are hyper if they arnt doing what they are bred for ...if any of you lads who keep running dogs say you dont touch a thing through summer are either bullshitters or messers ...iam out every day with my muts..things happen if your out every day ...unless your are dogs is shit............

just my opinion...iam proberly wrong ....you lot all feed barf and keep your dogs on a lead all summer . :whistling: .and only run stuff in the middle of winter when there at there best....thats because your all top dog men with top dogs... :notworthy:

Bit of a difference from showing face or taking the dogs a walk off the lead on land where there is stuff to hunting mate. Then again, some folk don't know how to hunt..... All the action their dogs see is walked up.... :whistling:

Think theres a big difference in working your dog and keeping them ticking over...lots of long walks with the terrier keeps them fit till the season begins proper....no point in ferreting, lamping or whatever during the summer months.

Bit of a difference from showing face or taking the dogs a walk off the lead on land where there is stuff to hunting mate. Then again, some folk don't know how to hunt..... All the action their dogs see is walked up.... :whistling:

maybe some folk who keep these so called point a slip dogs actally let them free run and huntup...maybe some of these point and slip dogs are pretty good at finding there own quarry ...no matter what it is..... :whistling:

Rimming miles to get on his permision for harvest time kick ups is your summer job Mr expert :kiss:

• Like 1

Rimming miles to get on his permision for harvest time kick ups is your summer job Mr expert :kiss:

you ask mr miles when the last time i was out with him mr no it all...i got my own perrmission.....and i love kick ups.... :thumbs:

maybe some folk who keep these so called point a slip dogs actally let them free run and huntup...maybe some of these point and slip dogs are pretty good at finding there own quarry ...no matter what it is..... :whistling:

They'll need to be good at finding their own quarry mate, its not as if they can rely on their owners finding it for them.... :whistling:

you ask mr miles when the last time i was out with him mr no it all...i got my own perrmission.....and i love kick ups.... :thumbs:

What was the name of miles dog that Kat beat mate? I canny mind its name?

What was the name of miles dog that Kat beat mate? I canny mind its name?

its name was fly .as you know .and hey shit happens ..i took a lurcher down there not bred for the job in hand and it took 4 from 5 missed his first and took the next 4 in december he was fit and keen ....he aint done it since though....hes a good dog but i know he couldnt be run there twice a week through winter.....every dog has it day though as they say.....not taking anything away from cat ive heard off the right folk shes a good animal....but even mark knows she aint no fen dog...like i say every dog has its day.....