Need to get some high seats up in a few key locations after the previous permission holder (reasonably) removed his.

A friend is a dab hand with a welder so will do that but I need a plan for him to follow. Looking for a design for a double. I assume one inch box will be perfectly good.

Cheers

Martin

Depends on the design, how good your welds are and how much weight you're willing to put up with. A smaller box section can be used with gussets to improve rigidity at the corners.

Round tube will give you more rigidity for weight, just takes a bit more care with the welding.

A ladder front with about 12 inches between steps. A platform welded at about 115 degrees from the ladder. Fix seat to platform, weld on are support and you're sorted!

Lean to's are ok, but remember they will need removing from the trees when you're not using them, otherwise you could cause all sorts of growing problems for the trees!

or if your mate is a dab hand with a "Tig" Welder get a cheap Aluminum Ladder add the seat rail's from Alu or try and source alu tower frame to weld to the Ladder paint Green light strong or if you have permmision pick suitable tree/tree's make a wooden Ladder then add shooting rail's to tree, i use this method where public could be a problem with a static hight seat

I think there is a step by step guide for a wooden high seat in this months SPorting Rifle if I am not mistaken. Reckons it cost him under £30 to build. If you can't be arsed to buy the magazine then PM me and I will photocopy it and send you it via email.

I think there is a step by step guide for a wooden high seat in this months SPorting Rifle if I am not mistaken. Reckons it cost him under £30 to build. If you can't be arsed to buy the magazine then PM me and I will photocopy it and send you it via email.

Found them and scanned them onto pdf so if anyone wants me to email me them then send me a PM with your email address.