CZ 527 .223

BERETTA , A 304, 3 SHOT SEMI-AUTO.

Frank.

Edited by Frank

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

winchester 3006, tikka t3,s in 223 and 7mm08, sako 22.250, winchester 30/30, ruger 10/22, brno .22mag semi auto, rem 1187 and an old skb o'u plus a few old 303's and shotguns that i should throw in the river..........getting another 2506 and maybe a ruger red label this year :tongue2: gotta love the gun laws over here !!!!!!!!!!!

fill out a form, provide two people to vouch for you, one must be related, sit through a mountain saftey course and firearms safety course, held once a month in most towns, pay ya hundred odd dollars and after buying a safe and an arms officer visit to check it out and ask a few strange questions ya get ya firearms lisence in the mail :tongue2: you are then able to buy as many rifles and shotguns that you can fit in your safe, once that safe is full you must then buy another safe before getting anymore guns :) in other words if you have no convictions and are not a headcase it is easy to own and use firearms in nz, pistols need a secure safe and an endosement and can only be used on an approved range. oh and ya gun lisence last ten years then ya have to pay another fee, they recheck ya safe then as well.

Wish things were as simple and straight farward over here. :(

Sounds good. :)

What about hunting deer, would i be able to use, say my .223? Is their a reconised season for certain deer species aswell, or are they treated as pests, as some one once told me? :blink::D

Thanks for info so far Kiwi. ;)

Frank.

apart from hunting sambar deer which has a min cal due to there size, you can use a 223 for deer the only requirement for hunting on public land is a permit,which is free and a centerfire cal must be used, so .22 hornets and .222 up are popular deer cals over here, sadly deer on the public domain are classed as pests, our govt department in charge of looking after the land has just bought 30000 rounds of .223 and is planning on sending the choppers up to cull the numbers of deer,chamois and himalayan thar. lucky we have as much land tied up in private ownership or in maori trusts so there are plenty of places to hunt here. the govt also dumps tonnes and tonnes of 1080 poison on our bush to control possums and kill deer and pigs, this shit is bad news as it kills everthing even the insects and is highly toxic to dogs........goes against new zealands clean green image but thank the greenies who banned the fur trade as they where controled by trappers in the past. there is no season here for deer. we have a duck season may to july.

30000 .223 rounds :icon_eek: Must be some deer over their? :D

Thanks very much for that info Kiwi. :good:

I would love to come set up home over their and shoot deer, if truth be known.

I have heard folks making a living from it?

Altough deer shoooting might be easy to get into, id say coming over to live is a different kettle of fish? ;)

Thanks again,

Frank.

30000 .223 rounds :icon_eek: Must be some deer over their? :D

Thanks very much for that info Kiwi. :good:

I would love to come set up home over their and shoot deer, if truth be known.

I have heard folks making a living from it?

Altough deer shoooting might be easy to get into, id say coming over to live is a different kettle of fish? ;)

Thanks again,

Frank.

Boat loads mate... and the goats are a major problem as well. I went hunting over there a couple of years ago and shot dozens of them in a weekend (.243 and .22 MAG) and hardley made a dent in them (and that was on a small patch of land). Got a mate who does chopper trips for tourists for most of the year and does a month or so taking culling teams out with a G3! :moil:

they look pretty tidy :) The one i shot were really minging :sick: . They stank to high heaven and it was all i could do to get near enough to them to take the back legs off. Makes me wretch thinking about it. Nice to get some goat shooting over here as i love the meat... did those one honk?

The big billys stink like feck :yes: , some of the old nannys i would avoid aswell, too tough, but the young ones are tasty, if they are free from worms ect.

You are right, they are a big pest over here aswell, in certain areas, distroying trees ect.

I shot 44 last may, took me a month to do it. :blink::)

Frank.

I'm pretty sure a lot of estates used them to help clear the land after the 'great storm' in the late 80's as they chow everything... :snack:

incidentally... i have a Sabel sidelock s/s 12b (25"), an Army and Navy s/s 12b (28") a .17HMR Anshuzt thumbhole Carbine and a CZ/Bruno .22.

... the master plan is to add a Fabarm LION 5-shot semi and Remi 700 in 6.5x55 by the end of the year... needless to say the Mrs doesn't know about that. :black eye:

I have a Baikal MP153 , 12gauge 3 shot semi-auto , with 3.5inch chambers (had it over a year and i love this gun, i have shot everything from squirrels and magpies to foxes and a muntjac buck with this gun)

a baikal single shot .410 (ferreting and close up gun as well as an instructional tool for my lad)

a spanish 12gauge side x side (first shottie i bought, dont use it now purely a spare and as our lass said "dont sell it you wont get owt for it" so it stays as a spare :D )

a cheap chinese air rifle .22 and a .177 chinese air pistol (plinking only)

and at christmas i bought my lad a .22 crosman ratcatcher (hoping to take him out at the weekend to sight it and to try and shoot something)

was looking at a pump 20gauge last time at the gunshop, as i have never shot a pump and when my lad gets a bit bigger and stronger :)

my daughter needs a new gun as well, here she is with hers :yes:

• 2 months later...

I own a Beretta 390 semiauto 12,an old Bernardelli s/s 12,a Browning Bar 30.06 semiauto and a remington 700 in 308 with heavy barrell and scope.

here in Italy once you have a gun permission and an hunting licence you can own how many guns you want.

.22 are not allowed for hunting.