Different day and thanks Niel

Went out with my buddy Riffraff today !

He had offered to drive me up to Swanland today so we could check out my latest permission (bit far to walk)

When we arrived 1st thing we noticed were a couple of Foles in the field.

2nd thing we noticed is that its open for people who are passing to see us and what makes it a real pain in the ass to shoot is its surrounded by a public footpath/bridleway on three sides and its very well used :thumbdown:

Third thing we noticed was that we could walk to within a few feet of the 5 or so Maggies that were scrapping over a female, they didn't seem to give a damn about our proximity :icon_eek:

As we got to the end of the paddock on the footpath, we say a female inside the paddock, she was not there when we had arrived, so we walked back to see who she was, turns out she's a rather attractive piece who owns the foles .

We informed her that it was the landowner who had asked us to bop some bunnies on this land and she replied

"Oh Great, there are hundreds of them on here and the holes are everywhere"

She told us she was there to meet a farmer who she was paying to come and cut the weeds and scrub down and as she said that he arrived with his big tractor and evil looking beast of a grasscutter.

He set to cut the scrub, while we admired this ladies derriair when she bent over (Can we have a drool or a sluuuurrrrp Icon please)

During the cutting we only saw three bunnies.

After she said goodbye she said she was looking forward to seeing us again :boogie: and told us that the best ime to catch the bunnies is late evening, so were going to be arranging another visit to coincide with them.

Riff and I then had a quick Zero session (or more to the point I did as I needed to sort my baby out after my little stunt the other night in the cemetery)

Anyways once sorted we had a wander over the land itself and found numerous warrens and plenty of places to set up in ambush, but we decided there and then that it would have been futile to hang around anymore today.

We came back here and had some grub, then headed out to the cemetery and paddock permission a couple of minutes away. Well it went silly from the second we pulled up outside the gate!

I got out of the car to be greated by 8 yes EIGHT black and white minstrals strutting their stuff across my permission and they stayed in the same easy pickings area, until I got my gun out of the slip then they fled, most landed in the conker tree at the cemy, so it was a slow steady stalk to the part of the boundry where I cross into the cemetery.

As soon as we began our stalk, bunny after bunny began to jump out from under our feet :doh: Much of the grass and scrub was brown now due to lack of water and baking heat that weve had the last couple of weeks so these bunnies were very well hidden with their brownish and grey coats on. As we got closer to the tree Woodies began to take flight from the smaller trees .

We got to the conker tree and all the magpies decided to leave and go land on the deck in the cemetery :boogie: I was gonna get lucky today :yes:

As I headed into the cemetery, there in front of me was a full grown buck just sort of givving me the "What the feck are you" look. He didn't seem too fussed as I raised my baby in my arms and placed the crosshair on the front of one eye, so the pellet would decimate the brain behind.

As I steadied my breathing I let the shot fly :censored:

My baby had been knocked in the turrets on her crown and the pellet sailed past the bunny hitting a dead branch behind it. Bunny gave me the "Oh your here to kill me" look and gave it legs into bunnyland!

The maggies had heard the shot hit the branch and were now sailing over our heads back into the adjoining paddock :doh:

As I turned round to head back I noticed another bunny 25 or so yards away from me, so taking note of where Riff was, I got myself comfortable using a large headstoneas a rest and let the little blighter have it in the noggin :censored: and :censored: again, I missed very cleanly :blink: and bugs vanished down the hole he was sat next to.

We then decided to concentrate on the maggies and wound up following them right around the perimeter of the paddock, those black and white mistrals were extracting the urine out of us BIG TIME!

What made it worse was as we followed them, Woodies and bunnies just appeard time and again from that magical 4th dimension right in front of us and all we saw of them were wings flapping away and bunnies giving us the one finger salute with their tails.

We decided to call it a day and we drove back here again, I was about to get out the car and stick the coffee machine on when Riff said, "Go tell Lesley, were off to Roos" :boogie::notworthy::boogie:

Upon arrival at Roos, 1st thing that we saw was a White bunny with black eyes. Unfortunately Riff has done a good job there and the white ones are now off limits as there are now only three left and are considdered to be under control, but the rest of the bunnies are legit targets.

We spent some time on the Zero range and I decided I was going back to imperial units and zeroed my baby to 35 yards. And put pellet on pellet then I worked my way through all the spinners, and knockfdowns on the plinking range easily putting pellet atfer pellet through 10mm KZ's.

We then went for a stalk and same as at Welton, Bunnies just appeared and dissapeared again. Not a single kill :(

The heavens then opened and we got drenched to the core.

We sat in the club house had a can of pop and a bikkie then when the rain stopped we went back to the plinking range and as Riff tidied his boot out, I got some more bench rest firing in.

I was just about to finish when a couple of woodies sat on some overhead lines some 56 yards away. The wind had dropped and the rain had stopped so I decided 3.5 mildots on the back of the head would bring them down and I really fancy sinking my nashers into a nice bit of tasty breast :yes:

So I, took the shot I saw the feathers on the back of the head exlode :toast: as I heard a faint crack as the pellet hit bone and the woody opened its wings as it left the wire and glided down nose first and no control over where it was going to land.

I walked down the plinking range and cut over the ditch at the back of the range only to find that the Woody was not on the ground :wallbash: I couldn't see it anywhere. Turns out it was probably in the very large hedgerow bushes as thats where they tend to fall from those lines.

So as it chucked it down again, we came home.

It was a very good day all in all, and we covered 4 permissions! But despite not bringing any meat home, I had a good day and I'd just like to say "THANKS" buddy to Niel aka RiffRaff for such a good day out. :notworthy:

Phantom

• Like 2

Just had a look at Swanland, its a very nice looking place, whats the food like at the pub on the lakeside mate :D

Dunno Stealthy,

I've never eaten there before, being a pauper like and Swanland being a place where you need lots of money to live like :D

Just had a look at Swanland, its a very nice looking place, whats the food like at the pub on the lakeside mate :D

Dunno Stealthy,

I've never eaten there before, being a pauper like and Swanland being a place where you need lots of money to live like :D

So I noticed from the pix, its very chocolate box, must be plenty of ducks though :D

Hi Tony.

What a nice write up mate.

Sounds like you and Niel had a brilliant and varied day out. :thumbs:

Shame the bunnies etc didnt want to play, but then, its not all about the bag is it buddy, just nice being out there somtimes. :yes:

I am so looking forward to getting out again, had my epidural yesterday mate, so hopfully wont be long now :yahoo::thumbs:

Have a slut for a nice read mate.

ATB.

Bill.

unlucky tony mate, but at least you got out buddy... good read tho mate, i'll get that book to you early next week mate, when i've picked it up off my mates son,forgot i'd lent it to him otherwise you'd be reading it now!

weathers rubbish here at the mo, i nearly got blown off the downs earlier(and not in a good way!!) hope it changes by saturday when si gets down here

all the best, wurz

unlucky tony mate, but at least you got out buddy... good read tho mate, i'll get that book to you early next week mate, when i've picked it up off my mates son,forgot i'd lent it to him otherwise you'd be reading it now!

weathers rubbish here at the mo, i nearly got blown off the downs earlier(and not in a good way!!) hope it changes by saturday when si gets down here

all the best, wurz

Your hoping to get blown off in a good way when Si arrives? :icon_eek:

Something your not telling us :angel::tongue2:

Sorry the 'evil' voices made me do it :laugh: :laugh::laugh:

Cheers Wurz I cant wait :D

Phantom

all the best, wurz

Your hoping to get blown off in a good way when Si arrives? :icon_eek:

Something your not telling us :angel::tongue2:

Sorry the 'evil' voices made me do it :laugh: :laugh::laugh:

Cheers Wurz I cant wait :D

Phantom

as long as its NOT by si that'd be nice... :laugh:

all the best, wurz

hi wurz

the wind dont bother us hardcore! hunters!(zini & I ) well it didn't last night even if it was 15mph.

its the way we roll!!!

regards

davy

Wind round here is running at a steady 20 at the moment with gusts of up to 28 to 30.

So I'm stuck in here trying out my new stove top coffee percolator for when I go camping and need a fresh ground coffee Sluuuuurrrrrrpppppp

Phantom

Wind round here is running at a steady 20 at the moment with gusts of up to 28 to 30.

So I'm stuck in here trying out my new stove top coffee percolator for when I go camping and need a fresh ground coffee Sluuuuurrrrrrpppppp

Phantom

HI TONY

ME TINKS! YOU IS TOO! EXCITED!!!! LOL

all the best, wurz

hi wurz

the wind dont bother us hardcore! hunters!(zini & I ) well it didn't last night even if it was 15mph.

its the way we roll!!!

regards

davy

15mph is a pansy wind davey lol its proper gusty down here at the mo mate, still, gonna get out later and see what the valleys like, cant have you lads doing all the write ups eh... :laugh:

cheers, wurz