High accent did you end up getting a pup mate? How did it turn out if you did? What do you hunt in south africa?

Howzit!

Yes i did get a pup he is doing very very good,he is having very good speed but im bit lazy to take the dogs out for hunting..

We hunt anything that jump up and Run, im planning a hunting weekend in June or July this year, i will take some pics and put them up and maybe some videos as well..

Thanks for replying..

Brilliant mate i look forward to the pics and videos! Id love to hunt over there but would worry about being hunted at the same time lol! Greys are brill dogs mate good luck with them and dont be lazy get them out as much as you can! Is there any laws on hunting with dogs or can you just carry on? Alot of people in the uk would be very interested in hunting dogs over there mate post as much as you can! Good luck and keep in touch mate

Ach racen...je moet gewoon jakhalse pakken met jou hond dat is veel mooier ;)

gr,

L

Hello Lennard.

I dont like hunting jackals, i dont hunt what i cant eat thats how i work.. Hows the dogs doing Lennard?

Hello Jimmy,

We hunt on private property so no problem what we hunt.

I will see how many pic and videos i can take, coz its bit hard to take pics and chase something. I have 2 Greyhounds that we call Boerwindhond but i dont hunt with them they are bit slow, then i have 2 Racing Greyhounds that i use for hunting they are very good. The one is a son of Crokers Nikita from Ierland, then i have that other male Big Time Spartan the son of Count lani and Foxy Addis, but to me the Irish male is a better hunting dog than the Aussie one.. Then i also have one female that is coming from my own dogs, she have not hunted yet but the brothers and sisters of her is doing very good in the field.. What type of dogs are you using that side Jimmy.?

Ach racen...je moet gewoon jakhalse pakken met jou hond dat is veel mooier ;)

gr,

L

Hello Lennard.

I dont like hunting jackals, i dont hunt what i cant eat thats how i work.. Hows the dogs doing Lennard?

Hello Jimmy,

We hunt on private property so no problem what we hunt.

I will see how many pic and videos i can take, coz its bit hard to take pics and chase something. I have 2 Greyhounds that we call Boerwindhond but i dont hunt with them they are bit slow, then i have 2 Racing Greyhounds that i use for hunting they are very good. The one is a son of Crokers Nikita from Ierland, then i have that other male Big Time Spartan the son of Count lani and Foxy Addis, but to me the Irish male is a better hunting dog than the Aussie one.. Then i also have one female that is coming from my own dogs, she have not hunted yet but the brothers and sisters of her is doing very good in the field.. What type of dogs are you using that side Jimmy.?

sounds good mate :thumbs: i have a greyhound to very good dog in his own right but taking ages to mature :laugh: but will be some dog when he does!!! some pics for you mate :thumbs:

sundaystroll119-1.jpg

memorycard2293.jpg

him and his dam

memorycard2258.jpg

litter sisters

memorycard2262.jpg

memorycard2265.jpg

and his sire, a dog called groovy stan

Greyhound_Groovy_Stan-big.jpg

you wont get many replys on greyhounds mate most over here just think of them as brood dogs and breed of untested stock :thumbdown: which is a shame as they are good dogs when given a chance :yes: get some pics up as soon as you can mate i look forward to them :victory:

Edited by jimmy100

Nah Ik dacht dat jakhals legaal was in SA en hazen/bokken illegaal? I am not into predator hunting either.

My dogs are fine, I spend time to keep the old one fit and bring the young one on. Real rabbit/hare work has stopped, spring is coming and the hares are mating.

Are your boerwindhonde totally not good at hunting? Don't they stay without injuries better than the track greys?

groeten

Lennard

Very nice Greyhounds you have Jimmy, do you hunt with them or race them?

I will take some pics of my dogs and post them for you. I will also post some pics of racing in SA, we can race the dogs now but no Betting on them..

I had a very very good racing Greyhound that i used for hunting but she died last year November after i used my male to her..

http://www.greyhound-data.com/d?i=1197352

http://www.greyhound-data.com/dbtestmating.php?&sireid=1685465&damid=1197352

Lennard, Any type of Hunting with Dogs is Illegal in South Africa thats why I hunt on Private Property. The Boerwindhonde are good but i like the speed of Racing Greyhounds, and i dont let my dogs chase while its hot, the South African Greyhounds is just not for me, but if you cross them with Racing stock they get better. it will also depend what you want to chase.. Noting can beat a pure Racing Greyhound with speed..

Jimmy or other readers..

What do you think of this mating.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/dbtestmating.php?&sireid=1193904&damid=1317899

Pure Irish blood lines are getting hard to find in South Africa and i like them very much, so i think this mating will be good to keep the Irish Bloodline allive in South Africa for some time..

so its like over here really long as you got permission your ok really. I have had a few greys you need to bring them up from a pup like i would a lurcher and there ok but had a couple of retired ones good breeding but it was no good to me head iton luis look it up on greyhound data im on my phone and things like that are hard so you say you can race them now but not bet on them i thought thats what you meant before and do you not think a springbok could beat a grey or do you not hunt them name what you hunt and how the dogs get on and i didn't think there was hares over there either

I will take some pics of my dogs and post them for you. I will also post some pics of racing in SA, we can race the dogs now but no Betting on them..

I had a very very good racing Greyhound that i used for hunting but she died last year November after i used my male to her..

Lennard, Any type of Hunting with Dogs is Illegal in South Africa thats why I hunt on Private Property. The Boerwindhonde are good but i like the speed of Racing Greyhounds, and i dont let my dogs chase while its hot, the South African Greyhounds is just not for me, but if you cross them with Racing stock they get better. it will also depend what you want to chase.. Noting can beat a pure Racing Greyhound with speed..

cheers mate but i cant really take the credit for them they were bred bye someone with over 70 yrs involvement with racing greys :victory: the blue dog was in a rescue and i took him to try hunting as he was so young and he has turned into a decent dog but one thing is he is taking an age to mature but when he does we should be laughing :laugh:

them two greys look nice mate what did they hunt mainly??? :thumbs: :thumbs:

Jimmy or other readers..

What do you think of this mating.

http://www.greyhound-data.com/dbtestmating.php?&sireid=1193904&damid=1317899

Pure Irish blood lines are getting hard to find in South Africa and i like them very much, so i think this mating will be good to keep the Irish Bloodline allive in South Africa for some time..

to be truthful mate i couldnt tell you as ive never heard of any of the dogs in the pedigree or many racing dogs infact :thumbs: it is something id like to get into in the future tho :victory: :victory:

so its like over here really long as you got permission your ok really. I have had a few greys you need to bring them up from a pup like i would a lurcher and there ok but had a couple of retired ones good breeding but it was no good to me head iton luis look it up on greyhound data im on my phone and things like that are hard so you say you can race them now but not bet on them i thought thats what you meant before and do you not think a springbok could beat a grey or do you not hunt them name what you hunt and how the dogs get on and i didn't think there was hares over there either

Hi Bradaz2009..

Yes it looks like it, yes using a Greyhound for hunting is all in how they work really, coz if they don't know hunting they can die chasing something.

I only hear from some one last week that its okay to race them but NO bets.

Catch a SpringBok.. Lol if you use a Saluki X or this Boerwindhond with lots of stamina yeah i think they can, but its bit risky trying to catch them coz they run far and going on other peoples grounds is not a very good idea..

We normally hunt Duikerduiker.jpg

Or Steenbok they are bit harder to catch coz they can really run steenbok_001.jpg

And some Rabbits

cheers mate but i cant really take the credit for them they were bred bye someone with over 70 yrs involvement with racing greys :victory: the blue dog was in a rescue and i took him to try hunting as he was so young and he has turned into a decent dog but one thing is he is taking an age to mature but when he does we should be laughing :laugh:

them two greys look nice mate what did they hunt mainly??? :thumbs: :thumbs:

Jimmy.

They are nice anyway lol.

Yea some Racing Greyhounds take some time learning to chase. try and let him see something big and see if he will chase.. I had a good laugh with my young Racing Grey x BoerGrey when she found her first rabbit, when she strike the rabbit makes noise then she let go then the rabbit run again then she chase again it went on for 10min then the rabbit got tired and she walked away..

This Count Lani x Foxy Addis male of me seems to take a long time to mature as well..

I normally hunt Rabbits but now and then a buck or 2, but mostly Duiker coz you can find them every where here in South Africa..