Next Working Terrier Book

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you ever get round to reading any others or is that why it was the best? Fair play to JB for publishing his book but Harcombes been around longer & his books are by far the best available

great read JB cant wait til the next book, its funny how people take the piss lets see if they could write a short story let alone a book, atb tim

Think a lot of jealousy surrounds the Author for different reasons, Its not the best, And Its defo. not the worst but its a decent read all the same.

Posted Images

As some of you may already be aware I have been very busy compiling my new book(s)...It has taken a big effort on my part to compile the information that was required in order to make the book worthwhile.It contains individual in-depth chapters, acompanied by many first class photos on a number of terriermen and their terriers.As with my first book the chapters are divided by my own artwork.Some of the biggest names within the world of working terrier are included. I am more than happy with the first volume and it has been well received by the select few that were chosen to proof read it for me.The release date and price have yet to be finalised...(The end of 2010 is the target)

Due to the ammount of time that I have had to commit to the production of the book...The Working Border Terrier Club has been alive but not kicking. I hope to get back on top of it in the near future...Hopefully including a new web site...I have also been looking for a suitable venue to hold the club show, my apologies to those who were kind enough to join...A news letter will be sent out in due course...

more shite like the last one :whistling:

I think Dave Harcombe has done some great books, full of working terriers and pictures of David with them(unlike some other books). David is held in high regard by many and for good reason. His opinion of my first book is of value to me as he tells it as it is...His review was honest and complementary. The opinions of the jealous few means absoluntly nothing to me....Envy tends to bring out the worst in people I have found since writing the book.

One thing is for sure...There are plenty more to come and I hope that those kind enough to purchase my books find that they will improve with each publication as you would expect them to.

Kind Regards..Johnny...Dont be so bitter mark p...Determination= Satisfaction= Reward !!Helps if you know what your talking about ofcourse...

For what purpose do you write the books? Seem to remember it being said you were doing a barn conversion & it was purely a money thing. 1500 copies at say £30 is a nice little £45k. Knock out a few books & it's gotta be worth while. Another thing I heard from someone who was alledged to have spoken to you directly is you had wrapped in with your coloured terriers to take on the Borders :icon_eek: Is this a load of shit or are we dealing with another Raoul Moat who's not right in the head.

Guest busterdog

As some of you may already be aware I have been very busy compiling my new book(s)...It has taken a big effort on my part to compile the information that was required in order to make the book worthwhile.It contains individual in-depth chapters, acompanied by many first class photos on a number of terriermen and their terriers.As with my first book the chapters are divided by my own artwork.Some of the biggest names within the world of working terrier are included. I am more than happy with the first volume and it has been well received by the select few that were chosen to proof read it for me.The release date and price have yet to be finalised...(The end of 2010 is the target)

Due to the ammount of time that I have had to commit to the production of the book...The Working Border Terrier Club has been alive but not kicking. I hope to get back on top of it in the near future...Hopefully including a new web site...I have also been looking for a suitable venue to hold the club show, my apologies to those who were kind enough to join...A news letter will be sent out in due course...

I think Dave Harcombe has done some great books, full of working terriers and pictures of David with them(unlike some other books). David is held in high regard by many and for good reason. His opinion of my first book is of value to me as he tells it as it is...His review was honest and complementary. The opinions of the jealous few means absoluntly nothing to me....Envy tends to bring out the worst in people I have found since writing the book.

One thing is for sure...There are plenty more to come and I hope that those kind enough to purchase my books find that they will improve with each publication as you would expect them to.

Kind Regards..Johnny...Dont be so bitter mark p...Determination= Satisfaction= Reward !!Helps if you know what your talking about ofcourse...

For what purpose do you write the books? Seem to remember it being said you were doing a barn conversion & it was purely a money thing. 1500 copies at say £30 is a nice little £45k. Knock out a few books & it's gotta be worth while. Another thing I heard from someone who was alledged to have spoken to you directly is you had wrapped in with your coloured terriers to take on the Borders :icon_eek: Is this a load of shit or are we dealing with another Raoul Moat who's not right in the head.

For what it's worth, we all make choices in life, whether it's liking black dogs or borders or what ever, it was Johns decision and his alone. I have personally seen one of his border bitches self enter at the game and she lacked nothing and was dug to working away in good style.

Who gives a shit whether he earns his money selling books or graffting on a site, what difference does that make to you or me, good on you for getting off you're arse and doing all you can to better you're life instead of sitting back and having a cheap poke at others, Put me down for one of the books John and all the best with the borders.

For what it's worth, we all make choices in life, whether it's liking black dogs or borders or what ever, it was Johns decision and his alone. I have personally seen one of his border bitches self enter at the game and she lacked nothing and was dug to working away in good style.

Who gives a shit whether he earns his money selling books or graffting on a site, what difference does that make to you or me, good on you for getting off you're arse and doing all you can to better you're life instead of sitting back and having a cheap poke at others, Put me down for one of the books John and all the best with the borders.

I have just had another post removed from the terrier section and would like other supportive members to ask the question why this is being done without an explanation being given.

My post was regards to the front cover of Digging The Dirt and about me cosidering to make available some limited edition prints to go alongside the book(s).

Your support in this matter would be apreciated fellas.

Guest busterdog

Perhaps it's because JD has got a book coming out at the same time John, a book written about another member of this site that has threatened to grass to the police and the arsspca about yet another member of this site.

JD you should think twice about who you have dealings with....:censored:

I have just had another post removed from the terrier section and would like other supportive members to ask the question why this is being done without an explanation being given.

My post was regards to the front cover of Digging The Dirt and about me cosidering to make available some limited edition prints to go alongside the book(s).

Your support in this matter would be apreciated fellas.

f**k the lot of them, good luck with the sale of your new book

maybe the picture (I didn't see it) was too graphic for the site? Have you PM'd IanB? They will tell you if you pm directly.

It was not graphic only scenic!! will post a pic of it again when i get five...Will send a message to him if it continues. computer POWER goes to some peoples heads... Different ball game in the flesh!

Intresting about the new book and the contraversy that surrounds it...Didnt think Nick Stevens works terriers anymore...into cocks now :laugh:...Its all a bit cloak and dagger!! :thumbdown:

Perhaps it's because JD has got a book coming out at the same time John, a book written about another member of this site that has threatened to grass to the police and the arsspca about yet another member of this site.

JD you should think twice about who you have dealings with....:censored:

:icon_eek::icon_eek: threatened to grass up a fellow dogman, :thumbdown::thumbdown: sounds like a wrong,un!!!

Edited by BITCH

:hmm: Well, I don't know anything about working terriers,..or books, and suchlike,.in fact,.I don't know much about feck all :laugh:

But,.I think the cover picture of this book is quite eye catching,.and the artistic style of graphic picture,..certainly makes for a realy nice, evocative image :yes:

All the best,.CHALKWARREN... :drink:

Thanks mate...Glad you like it...Quite pleased with it myself. :thumbs:

Jealousy is all it is mate, pure jealousy.

But be careful about upsetting that Darcy, big lump of a fella so I hear and he can handle himself to!

Good luck with the book and the borders and I am sure a lot of lads will be laughing on the other side of their faces when you start to give your border pups away free to the members of your club. :thumbs: