Next Working Terrier Book

As some of you may already be aware I have been very busy compiling my new book(s)...It has taken a big effort on my part to compile the information that was required in order to make the book worthwhile.It contains individual in-depth chapters, acompanied by many first class photos on a number of terriermen and their terriers.As with my first book the chapters are divided by my own artwork.Some of the biggest names within the world of working terrier are included. I am more than happy with the first volume and it has been well received by the select few that were chosen to proof read it for me.The release date and price have yet to be finalised...(The end of 2010 is the target)

Due to the ammount of time that I have had to commit to the production of the book...The Working Border Terrier Club has been alive but not kicking. I hope to get back on top of it in the near future...Hopefully including a new web site...I have also been looking for a suitable venue to hold the club show, my apologies to those who were kind enough to join...A news letter will be sent out in due course...

last christmas i got a loan of your book and read it in a night it was the first book on terriers that i read and by far the best. it was a great read really enjoyable read. i have a pair of borders and hope to get them working i would be very interested in the new book and joining the working border club

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Did you ever get round to reading any others or is that why it was the best? Fair play to JB for publishing his book but Harcombes been around longer & his books are by far the best available

great read JB cant wait til the next book, its funny how people take the piss lets see if they could write a short story let alone a book, atb tim

Think a lot of jealousy surrounds the Author for different reasons, Its not the best, And Its defo. not the worst but its a decent read all the same.

Posted Images

As some of you may already be aware I have been very busy compiling my new book(s)...It has taken a big effort on my part to compile the information that was required in order to make the book worthwhile.It contains individual in-depth chapters, acompanied by many first class photos on a number of terriermen and their terriers.As with my first book the chapters are divided by my own artwork.Some of the biggest names within the world of working terrier are included. I am more than happy with the first volume and it has been well received by the select few that were chosen to proof read it for me.The release date and price have yet to be finalised...(The end of 2010 is the target)

Due to the ammount of time that I have had to commit to the production of the book...The Working Border Terrier Club has been alive but not kicking. I hope to get back on top of it in the near future...Hopefully including a new web site...I have also been looking for a suitable venue to hold the club show, my apologies to those who were kind enough to join...A news letter will be sent out in due course...

last christmas i got a loan of your book and read it in a night it was the first book on terriers that i read and by far the best. it was a great read really enjoyable read. i have a pair of borders and hope to get them working i would be very interested in the new book and joining the working border club

:clapper: Did you ever get round to reading any others or is that why it was the best? Fair play to JB for publishing his book but Harcombes been around longer & his books are by far the best available

• Like 1
Guest AngelicAcid

Think a lot of jealousy surrounds the Author for different reasons, Its not the best, And Its defo. not the worst but its a decent read all the same.

• Like 1

Folks ffs if you didn't like the last 1 don't buy this 1 end i know a few people who've wrote books and most will agree there 1st wasn't there best as for jonny bluck last book i myself bought and didn't think it was the best but i never left shitty comments about it.I know a few lads who have gone in this book and dig/dug with them and there dogs and believe me there aint many lads got the quailty of terriers these lads have if these lads was kind enough to go in his book give him a break they have.

Guest AngelicAcid

Would be good to see what some of the so called terriermen on these sites could come up with. :whistling:

Anymore info on the release date of the book/s?

more shite like the last one :whistling:

I think Dave Harcombe has done some great books, full of working terriers and pictures of David with them(unlike some other books). David is held in high regard by many and for good reason. His opinion of my first book is of value to me as he tells it as it is...His review was honest and complementary. The opinions of the jealous few means absoluntly nothing to me....Envy tends to bring out the worst in people I have found since writing the book.

One thing is for sure...There are plenty more to come and I hope that those kind enough to purchase my books find that they will improve with each publication as you would expect them to.

Kind Regards..Johnny...Dont be so bitter mark p...Determination= Satisfaction= Reward !!Helps if you know what your talking about ofcourse...

I know from first hand experience how hard it is to get a book into print Johnny - please put me down for a copy of your new book, I certainly enjoyed the last one, and I know a lot of the ground you walked over and refer to in it.

Best of luck with it

OTC

definately be buying a copy of your new book when its out,the last one was a really good read.

i also think that your determination to bring back the working border to the working terrier world is very couragous and im sure it will pay off in years to come , so when my boys are older they have the choice of more quality working terrier breeds to choose from.

cheers

oli