how many dog men take the hares home with them ? seems like a lot of agro to take the dog home then go out and pick up the hares , or are you stupid enough to have them in the motor with the dog ( england im talking about)

if your dogs had wings you would claim pigeons as yours aswell lol

i have nothing against hare coursing and respect anyones form of fieldsports it's just a pity it isnt the other way round , if they are not kept under control they would do serious amounts of damage and i dont care what you say there wouldnt be enough dogs to do the job

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

SHOOTING HARES :thumbdown:SHOULD   BE LEFT WELL ALONE FOR THE DAY TIME

look son go away and change your nappies   most lads will agree with me on that, wit a name like   coursing mad thought you would no better

i suppose you lamp them as well with your user name thought you might of been one of the few? nowt to boast about, and as for you slapping yourself on the back try putting it in the right section........kill at all costs :thumbs:

look son leave my name out of it got feck all to do

with boasting at the end of the day it is a open

forum and i can voice my opinion were ever i like

as for kill at all costs that just shows you

dont respect the quarry you hunt :thumbs:

personally i dont hunt hares with dogs or shoot them .Iv no interest what so ever in them but i enjoy watching them.I leave them to the lads who love to course them ,i wouldn kill another mans sport

Personally I shoot hares only for the pot and if I still have one in the freezer I let them run by. Only exeption is if our farmer says the numbers are too high and we do a mini cull for him but only to thin them out, not eradicate them. I've never owned a coursing dog but I'm fine with it as a method of legitimate control/sport, provided the coursers go through the same hoops as me for their permission, otherwise it's trespass and theft.

i suppose you lamp them as well with your user name thought you might of been one of the few? nowt to boast about, and as for you slapping yourself on the back try putting it in the right section........kill at all costs :thumbs:

think you've got your wires crossed mate it was'nt aimed at you it was aimed at coursing mad {user name} and kill at all costs ie shooting them in there seats now do you understand dont know where your user name came into it david brightmore enlighten me please son

think you've got your wires crossed mate it was'nt aimed at you it was aimed at coursing mad {user name} and kill at all costs ie shooting them in there seats now do you understand dont know where your user name came into it david brightmore enlighten me please son

SORRY MATE GOT IT WRONG :icon_redface:

I've maybe shot five hares in the last few years, my brother occasionally enjoys one for the pot. It's the only time I do shoot them when someone wants one to eat. Otherwise I could shoot one everytime I go out but I like to see them.

this is not a hare coursing post for you who are on about it, im only curiouse - fair enuff my name is coursing mad, yes i am coursing mad, not going to tell everyone that i course hares now am i... sick of seeing rabbits been shot on posts just thought it would be a nice change - then you have people slating me for shooting them when i dont even shoot them, dont even own a gun for all you lot know, cheers to the people who have posted about shooting them.

might be an understanding now ??

tom !!

I have got to be honest i dont shoot hares and dont like them being shot but its only my point of view same as driven pheasent shooters would look on somebody like me who in the past would think nothing of going and shooting 100 plus pheasents at roost on a good windy moonless night as a bit unsporting same as a lot of lurcher men would view 100s of hares shot on a drive the same way.

your saying you dont shoot them but thats not the impression your giving out, i was always brought up on the understanding a dog was for fur and a gun was for feather and if your dog took both it was a bonus, shooting hares and lamping hares is just slaughter theres no sport in that if lads are prepared to go out and run a few there should be some reward for the risk,

your saying you dont shoot them but thats not the impression your giving out, i was always brought up on the understanding a dog was for fur and a gun was for feather and if your dog took both it was a bonus, shooting hares and lamping hares is just slaughter theres no sport in that if lads are prepared to go out and run a few there should be some reward for the risk,

I have never shot hares but like most lads who have only been used to having to lamp on land were permission with a lurcher was immposible i have in the past lamped and caught them as they were edible game that could be sold or eaten by ones self but never felt happy in doing so but they were hard times back then and i believe now the hare should only be took fairley in the day by a dog but thats only my opinion and now because of this stupid fekin law ileagal.

I have never shot hares but like most lads who have only been used to having to lamp on land were permission with a lurcher was immposible i have in the past lamped and caught them as they were edible game that could be sold or eaten by ones self but never felt happy in doing so but they were hard times back then and i believe now the hare should only be took fairley in the day by a dog but thats only my opinion and now because of this stupid fekin law ileagal.

alright poach sorry mate not aimed at you its for coursing sad :thumbs:

alright poach sorry mate not aimed at you its for coursing sad :thumbs:

No worries mate :thumbs:

yeah ,ive shot hares ,over a period of 40 odd years , ive shot them .with rifle ,shotgun ,ive snared then ,neted them cought them with dogs , ,different times now , definatly would prefer to use a dog ..

but like poacher said ... the law sais i cant ! now that would be illigal wouldnt it ;)