Webley Longbow

mad al

I know for a Webley Longbow in .22 and wondered if anyone on here uses one. I already have the FX2000, and if that is anything to go by :thumbs-up: .

How much is one of these worth?, I don't think it is six months old, hardly "run in", excellent order, rifle only, no scope. I think they're only about £240ish new............Al ;)

nice guns

getting hard to find since webley went under.

.177 are worth more

.22 second hand with beech stock £130-£160

Right, hoping that maybe it will come for around the £150 mark, so not far off :thumbs-up: .........Al

I know for a Webley Longbow in .22 and wondered if anyone on here uses one. I already have the FX2000, and if that is anything to go by :thumbs-up: .

How much is one of these worth?, I don't think it is six months old, hardly "run in", excellent order, rifle only, no scope. I think they're only about £240ish new............Al ;)

I've got one in .22 - it's a nice airgun; decent weight and balance & accurate with it. Mine has been chrono'd at 11.83 ft/lb so good power too.

As far as value - I got mine (beech stock) used from a local gun shop, totally unmarked with a logun silencer & AGS SWAT 3-12x44 scope for £220, so as said by B.B.B. £130 - £160 sounds about right. So £150 for rifle only (silencer?) in good nick seems reasonable :good:

I've got one in .22 - it's a nice airgun; decent weight and balance & accurate with it. Mine has been chrono'd at 11.83 ft/lb so good power too.

As far as value - I got mine (beech stock) used from a local gun shop, totally unmarked with a logun silencer & AGS SWAT 3-12x44 scope for £220, so as said by B.B.B. £130 - £160 sounds about right. So £150 for rifle only (silencer?) in good nick seems reasonable :good:

Thank :thumbs-up: x Spike, will be on it's way next week...........Al

• 2 weeks later...
Mad Al

Did you get the Longbow?

If so, how do you find it?

Oh Spike have I a tale to tell, it was sent from the Isle Of Wight (spelling?) last Monday, was in Swansea Tuesday (about 60 miles away) and is still there :icon_eek: .

Sent via City-Link who have just continually lied to me and the seller all week. At the moment, I think it is going back to where it came from, sod it!

Bought a Anschutz 2002HT today, skint for about the next decade now.......................Al :rolleyes:

Mine finally arrived today :yahoo: and here it is, I've fitted my old faithfull scope Simmonds Deerfield 3-9X40 (at least 12 years old!) and the old Logun lamp to get out there after dark :victory: .

At the moment, I am looking at next Monday being the soonest :cry: , hopefully have a bit of daytime on it before then...........Al :thumbs-up:

Sorry about the pics Spike, but yes the rifle is in excellent condition and isn't "run in" yet, going to enjoy this one, knew that as soon as I picked it up...........Al :thumbs-up:

Beagles, I agree with what you say about your mates gun, for the money, a brilliant rifle. Don't get me wrong, I love PCPs, but all of a sudden, now I also have two springers again and to me they are "proper" airguns. It takes me back to my teens when springers or a shotgun were the only choice........Al :thumbs-up:

Sorry about the pics Spike, but yes the rifle is in excellent condition and isn't "run in" yet, going to enjoy this one, knew that as soon as I picked it up...........Al :thumbs-up:

They do feel nice,especially when you're pointing it :)

P.S. - wasn't having a pop at your photography :thumbs-up:

Edited by spike
the scopes are very good. i have owned several over the years and i rate them highly. :rocker:

It's great so know someone else rates these scopes as they can hold their own with similar modern day scopes costing three or four times as much.

I've two scopes at present, one £500+ when new and the other £1000+ when new and yet I didn't think of mounting them on the Longbow as they are not quick enough. This is down to the Simmonds having far less fuss and nonsense with brilliant optics and this was the only scope I ever fitted on my Rapid with some excellent kills even with my crap eyesight :laugh: ............Al :thumbs-up:

They do feel nice,especially when you're pointing it :)

P.S. - wasn't having a pop at your photography :thumbs-up:

Didn't think you were for a minute there Spike, good chat on here between us airgunners and always loads of friendly help/advice.......Al :thumbs-up: