Greyhound roots

Guest samstheman

Guest samstheman

Hi all,

My mate has just been given a greyhound which has ear tattoos. I have entered the letters into Greyhound Database, but no dog is found with this particular tattoo. Are all tattooed dogs not entered into this database? Any advice appreciated as he is eager to find her roots.

Cheers,

Mari

No not all registered dogs are on there only those that get put on by their owners,breeders & admin.

He can give the NGRC a ring or e-mail them & they should help out if the dog has been registered in this country.

retiredgreyhounds@ngrc.org.uk , registry@ngrc.org.uk

Tel +44 (0)20 7267 9256

Edited by Cupid Stunt
  • 2 weeks later...

I am a mod on GD and was told every registered/tattooed dog is placed on the Database? :hmm: By Admin who find out each litter whelped (registered) by the NGRC ? :unsure:

Mari wanna give me the bitches tattooes and ill have a mooch around for you ? :)

Edited by FastDogz

I didn`t think G-D put the tats of the irish bred dogs until they had raced NGRC or an owner or breeder put them up themselves if the dog has only been flapped since coming from Ireland they will not be on there best thing is get in touch with the Irish Coursing Club give them the tats and they will tell you the breeding I would imagine.

Guest oldskool
No not all registered dogs are on there only those that get put on by their owners,breeders & admin.

He can give the NGRC a ring or e-mail them & they should help out if the dog has been registered in this country.

retiredgreyhounds@ngrc.org.uk , registry@ngrc.org.uk

Tel +44 (0)20 7267 9256

when i looked my dog up on greyhound data he only had 27 races... a few months later i looked again and now his record says 76 races... i just wondered why all the races werent recorded in the first place :hmm: ???