i am sorry folks but

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Hiya Shay......where ever you are   Congratulations on the new arrival......."The Viper".   I wish you both a long and happy union, full of exciting and interesting hunting adventures. The bond

HI YA EVERYONE

THANKS FOR ALL THE NICE COMMENTS

and no more now i have got the gun i set out to get and now so this is my last for a good while as i need to save up for other things now and darryl hummmm nooooo i like this one i like the ext bit but i think as it is mint i will put some camo tape over the barrel and cylinder to so that should work well then but she is a nice gun these a few for sale know though and swaps these a lad on bsa forum slapp he has one and thinks he might swap too so give him a shout http://bsaog.co.uk/forum/index.php?topic=18018.0 she looks very nice darryl matey :thumbs: just got to get hold of some fx16 grains now and then i will be ready for when she gets home on tuesday :thumbs:

shay

Hiya Shay.

Congrats on your HW100 mate, a .22 aswell :clapper:

She look's stunning, and is going to account for lot's of bunnies Im sure :thumbs:

Welcome, glad you came over :D

Shay, if you cant get your FX in time, try JSB Match Diablo Exacts 15.9gr.

My Cannon love's them, and has given good results :thumbs: being pure lead they slip along the barrel nicely, nice clean pellet too :yes: well worth a look mate

Roll on Tuesday a???....... :D have fun mate.

ATB.

Bill.

Welcome to the darkside mate!! I got me 2 of these bad arse rifle's in .177 KT and i love them. A friend of mine has a custom version with shortend shrouded barrel and vmach cylinder, nice but not as nice as the factory spec for me :thumbs:

Good luck!!

hi ya lads

thank you for the nice comments and i am so excited about tuesday its been a very long weekend for me so darryl i know just how you feel now when you was waiting for your baby to get home

bill i sent you a pm matey :thumbs:

shay

I never understand why some boys like .22 above .177.... :hmm:

Well .22 kills just as good as the .177 mate believe me.

A bit harder to shoot agreed mate due to hold over / under problems if your not a caperble shot but sure does knock the vermin over well.

Ive had some half desent results with .22 calibre mate and i wont shoot anything else.

Si

Edited by zini

I agree with you 100%, Si, if you can place your shots well it really doesn't matter what caliber is used.

However, I don't have a lazer range finder, mostly stalk in fairly open ground and many times in low light when it's even harder to judge range well.

I started with .22 nearly 30 years ago as that was 'the hunting caliber', aparently. Started useing .177 about 20 years back as a practice round 'cos the pellets were cheaper and soon found out how much easier it was to place shots in the field.

I went back to .22 last year with my AA410c but after years of shooting the smaller caliber's, I really struggled with it.

The 410's going to be up for sale soon as I've been useing my old HW90 .20 that's been in that caliber for the past couple of years, was .177 when I first bought it 11 years ago but I changed the barrel.

I never try to shoot past 40 yards and find .20 VERY good at killing small game and vermin.

Just my opinion....

Cheers. :thumbs:

hi ya lad

thank you all for the nice comment and tony classic matey :clapper::clapper::clapper::clapper:

and yeah the 177 and 22 are very much the same as i am a 177 shooter and all i really use is a 177 but with the 22 hold over / under is a problem for some with the 177 the wind plays a big part so they all have there down falls so to speak but hey we all love shooting and each call for the same thing hunting :thumbs:

shay

At the end of the day it's all down to practice.... If you put the practice in with any calibre and ensure the pellet hits where you want it to and where it matters it will ensure a clean kill

Darryl