another 2 Foxes bite the dust

Went out tonight to deal with a fox bothering young calfs, as from my previous posts you will know i had already stated that the farmer had nothing to worry about as they were not intrested in the calfs they were only in the field eating the calf shit as they were still suckling and foxes love to eat calf shit as it smells sweet to them due to having a diet of mainly milk !!!

Anyway here is the outcome top fox is an adult dog, bottom one is a vixen cub, she is rater big, seen 4 cubs and the adult, i shot the adult 1st and managed to nail one of the cubs as they ran for the wood, will deal with the other 3 cubs and hopefully the vixen if she is around in the next few days.

29thjune2010.jpg

Edited by murphymax

Went out tonight to deal with a fox bothering young calfs, as from my previous posts you will know i had already stated that the farmer had nothing to worry about as they were not intrested in the calfs they were only in the field eating the calf shit as they were still suckling and foxes love to eat calf shit as it smells sweet to them due to having a diet of mainly milk !!!

Anyway here is the outcome top fox is an adult dog, bottom one is a vixen cub, she is rater big, seen 4 cubs and the adult, i shot the adult 1st and managed to nail one of the cubs as they ran for the wood, will deal with the other 3 cubs and hopefully the vixen if she is around in the next few days.

29thjune2010.jpg

Same as last time bud....job well done. :yes: Unfortunately everyone wont see it the same way :wallbash:

well done again there seems to be a lot o foxys up around that way do you think there coming in over the bypass ,ive seen your lamp a few times now,keep it up .

these were shot up at Leadburn mate,there is the odd one up at hillend, not as many since i started shooting up there a few years back, loads of rabbits though as you will know not easy to keep them under control due to all the gorse up there.

How many you had this year so far Jimmy?

I was in Glasgow this morning inside an old school, (were busy drilling inside it into old mine workings) there was a fox running about inside and then it sat about 15 yards away watching us.

No fear of us whatsoever :icon_eek:

Kyle

I was in Glasgow this morning inside an old school, (were busy drilling inside it into old mine workings) there was a fox running about inside and then it sat about 15 yards away watching us.

Kyle

As from January around the 90 mark so far, but this will rise by the end of December to anything between 200 - 300.

Numbers will shoot up over the next 3 months as the cubs start moving around, 3 years back i shot over 70 on one farm near roslin chapel (the davincci code) Edinburgh City Council were trapping them and releasing them in roslin glen (illegal i know) informed the farmer of what was going on, and he got in touch with the council and of course they denied the allegation, funny thing was all the foxes dried up...

They were as tame as the one you observed today No fear of humans very easy to call in 2 or 3 at a time and shoot them... A bloody disgrace but they had to be sorted as they were out of there depth in the countryside couldnt look after themselfes properly as they didnt know how, werent any chippies or pizzas lying around, so they were always hanging around the farm buildings and cottages making a nuisance of themselfes

Kyle

As from January around the 90 mark so far, but this will rise by the end of December to anything between 200 - 300.

Numbers will shoot up over the next 3 months as the cubs start moving around, 3 years back i shot over 70 on one farm near roslin chapel (the davincci code) Edinburgh City Council were trapping them and releasing them in roslin glen (illegal i know) informed the farmer of what was going on, and he got in touch with the council and of course they denied the allegation, funny thing was all the foxes dried up...

They were as tame as the one you observed today No fear of humans very easy to call in 2 or 3 at a time and shoot them... A bloody disgrace but they had to be sorted as they were out of there depth in the countryside couldnt look after themselfes properly as they didnt know how, werent any chippies or pizzas lying around, so they were always hanging around the farm buildings and cottages making a nuisance of themselfes

Good going :thumbs:

Are most of them taken on the lamp?

Kyle

Kyle

90 on the lamp from January, thats 1 hell of a foxes going around....an average of 1 fox every 2 days night :thumbs:

Is this a job for you then or just a hobby? :gunsmilie:

Kyle

90 on the lamp from January, thats 1 hell of a foxes going around....an average of 1 fox every 2 days night :thumbs:

Is this a job for you then or just a hobby? :gunsmilie:

Job/hobby i would say yes to both of them...

I am out at the very least 5 times a week, if i wanted i could go out and shoot 20 + cubs tonight (before anyone chips in i am not BOASTING or trying to look good.) i like to deal with the parents 1st, no good shooting all the cubs, then the adults will piss off elewhere with no cubs to tend to, this way i know where they are, and i will get round to them all at some stage.

Any good Fox Controller will tell you the same thing, its not shoot on sight, its the way you handle each situation so that you get the best results.

mind you if a farmer is getting hammered then its a different ball game.

This only applies at this time of year when the cubs are about, any other time of the year my policy changes and its shoot any fox on sight as long as i have permission to do so.

Edited by murphymax

Kyle

Good going :thumbs:

Are most of them taken on the lamp?

Kyle

yes most are taken on the lamp, unless i get a call from someone who has a problem with a lamp shy fox, i then sit out at dawn and wait.

I also have a good friend on here who has a very good Gen. 2 nightvision scope, who i can call on to help out if required, only bad thing with this method i never see FECK all of whats happening, cracking peice of kit though.

yes most are taken on the lamp, unless i get a call from someone who has a problem with a lamp shy fox, i then sit out at dawn and wait.

I also have a good friend on here who has a very good Gen. 2 nightvision scope, who i can call on to help out if required, only bad thing with this method i never see FECK all of whats happening, cracking peice of kit though.

:thumbs: