buying new gun AIR ARMS S400 OR LOGUN S16

As the fellas have pretty much all said, get the Air Arms, I had a look at an S400 carbine yesterday in the gun shop and it really is beautiful gun.

I'm looking for a second rifle, in .177. I've decided on a BSA Ultra, as it's cheaper (and I'm poor) and it has the same filling adaptor as my other BSA.

If I could afford it, I'd be getting an AA, no question.

(and at the price you've been offered that S400, you should rip his arm off!)

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the fellas have pretty much all said, get the Air Arms, I had a look at an S400 carbine yesterday in the gun shop and it really is beautiful gun.

I'm looking for a second rifle, in .177. I've decided on a BSA Ultra, as it's cheaper (and I'm poor) and it has the same filling adaptor as my other BSA.

If I could afford it, I'd be getting an AA, no question.

(and at the price you've been offered that S400, you should rip his arm off!)

Loved my ultra Ron, just downfall of next to no shots. Think i use to get about 30 through it

before it would need filling up again. Brilliant tho for accuracy :clapper:

i just bought a logun-16 mk 1 off my mate, i absolutely loved it at first very quite and accurate, taking rabbits in out in the first few hours of having it . This was until my first jam, then dammm the gun, is now the bane of my life :wallbash::(:doh: :doh: . With regular jams even though i am competent with the cocking mechanism. I still cock up with it out in the field. i still really like the gun but its just not practical with the regular occurrence of its problem and also it is very heavy for trudging round the field and taking those high shots" and im no weakling either ". so in conclusion i go with the rest of the guys with getting the Air Arms. unless you are prepared to live with the loguns downfall. :yes:

nice link tony, but at that price you could get a hw100... might not have to wait what already seems a lifetime for it either...

all the best, wurz

Yeah I know :yes: but the new version just screams "LOVE ME" (or other four letter words to that effect) to me and I thoroughly intend on getting both the new one and the HW100

I know the old original S16 had many a problems :yes: and from what I have heard they were almost always down to the pretty shoddy machining from the factory! But with a little TLC (or BluePrinting as its now known) they could (according to one owner who will shoot NOTHING ELSE but the S16) be as reliable and accurate as his old Galil SR when he served with the IDF (lucky git!).

Only when they are out there in the field will we know for sure though :yes:

Phantom

nice link tony, but at that price you could get a hw100... might not have to wait what already seems a lifetime for it either...

all the best, wurz

Yeah I know :yes: but the new version just screams "LOVE ME" (or other four letter words to that effect) to me and I thoroughly intend on getting both the new one and the HW100

I know the old original S16 had many a problems :yes: and from what I have heard they were almost always down to the pretty shoddy machining from the factory! But with a little TLC (or BluePrinting as its now known) they could (according to one owner who will shoot NOTHING ELSE but the S16) be as reliable and accurate as his old Galil SR when he served with the IDF (lucky git!).

Only when they are out there in the field will we know for sure though :yes:

Phantom

i cant disagree about the looks, but i cant bring myself to believe a review from any of the mags after buying the R10 on the strength of em, they reckoned the mk2 s16 was supposed to be brill too, so it'll be interesting to see what someone on here thinks about em?

having trouble thinking about anything thats not a certain german manufactured gun at the moment tho.

10 more sleeps!!

all the best, wurz

10 more sleeps!!

all the best, wurz

Maybe for you guy's, in 6 hours I've been awake 48 of the last 49 :thumbdown:

Do I double my dose of sleepers or do I wait until I start hallucinating again :hmm:

Crap, just though, gotta get my tickets sorted :doh:

best do that now huh!

Phantom

hi all thanks for all you replys but i didnt bother with the air arms well that one (still looking for one) the guy selling that gun was talking alot of crap and didnt know much about the gun he said he got it brand new from a gun shop about 3/4 mounths ago and called air arms up and they said it was made and sold in 2003 and has nether had a sevise and when i told him it was not a few months old and not been sevise he didnt seem right he didnt act like someone who got a 7 year old gun brand new that was not new dont want to buy rifle that may need some work

thanks again 123hw80

Edited by 123hw80

At 16 years old you aint allowed to buy a n air gun, even if it did need work done to it :nono:

You must get your responsible adult to purchase a gun for you :yes:

You dont want to break the law do you :nono::thumbs:;)

Phantom

10 more sleeps!!

all the best, wurz

Maybe for you guy's, in 6 hours I've been awake 48 of the last 49 :thumbdown:

Do I double my dose of sleepers or do I wait until I start hallucinating again :hmm:

Crap, just though, gotta get my tickets sorted :doh:

best do that now huh!

Phantom

mate i sympathise with sleeping problems,i really do. hope you get yourself sorted buddy, although your insomnia does give you the time to do some proper great write ups and suchlike so your pain is our gain mate

all the best

wurz

:11:

I was that tired I was thinking "Only 10 sleeps til........" you know what,

Didn't realise you were talking about reception of your new baby :doh:

It only dawned on me when I was booking my tickets that there were more than 10 sleeps left :icon_redface:

Sleep problems do have a bonus sometimes, it alows me to get out very early for a spot of bunny bashing :boogie:

Phantom

bought me an my son air arms second hand 410 an 400 both great, accurate, reliable and we have had good results.FILE0003.jpg

Thats my old classic , with the gold filler cap and barrel band !! That was a great gun , if i remember rightly we met up just off the motorway . I hope you`ve had as much fun out of it as i did , Buster .