Muzzle Protectors.

Do you guys use the small rubber muzzle protectors to stop debris from going down the barrel?

Also i once saw an old photo of a rifle with a leather muzzle protector, has anyone seen one of those before? It did look rather unusual. :victory: JD

Do you guys use the small rubber muzzle protectors to stop debris from going down the barrel?

Also i once saw an old photo of a rifle with a leather muzzle protector, has anyone seen one of those before? It did look rather unusual. :victory: JD

JD, I was taught on my DSC1 to put electricians tape over the muzzle/moderator and that works well.

I believe that Mauser do a plastic circle that fits in the muzzle on their MO3.

ft

JD, I was taught on my DSC1 to put electricians tape over the muzzle/moderator and that works well.

I believe that Mauser do a plastic circle that fits in the muzzle on their MO3.

ft

Sellotape !!works every time .

can be used for birth control. :icon_eek:

That wouldn't be a problem for you though fella would it! ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist!

And yes, black insulating tape is what I've always used. Good for keeping muck out, and not too much of a disaster if you forget to remove it, though obviously not advisable!

Yes, you guys seem to use what i use, i.e the black insulation tape. I did see in a gun shop a while ago some small "johnnies" for th end of the gun and they did look handy. I might buy some the next time i am in the area. Does anyone know where to purchase the leather muzzle protectors from as i have never seen them for sale anywhere.... :victory:

can be used for birth control. :icon_eek:

That wouldn't be a problem for you though fella would it! ;)

Sorry, couldn't resist!

And yes, black insulating tape is what I've always used. Good for keeping muck out, and not too much of a disaster if you forget to remove it, though obviously not advisable!

What a shame your dad did not use either :whistling:

Sorry cheap shot but an easy target.

Sorry cheap shot.

Well, apparently he did but it burst, the condom wasn't big enough you see.

Guess that runs in the family too then. :clapper:

Or it could have been a cheap one like your broken scope :victory:

Edited by coldweld

Sorry cheap shot.

Well, apparently he did but it burst, the condom wasn't big enough you see.

Guess that runs in the family too then. :clapper:

Or it could have been a cheap one like your broken scope :victory:

Oh I see what you did there, you remembered a post on another thread, and you used it here, that's clever that is!

Was that not a little taxing for your memory?

As for cheap scopes, well, it was good enough for a PCP, putting 5 rounds through the same hole at 40 yards says it's working ok. I would love a Swarovski scope, but not much point on an air rifle (and would be much more pi##ed off about it getting broken!)

Yes, you guys seem to use what i use, i.e the black insulation tape. I did see in a gun shop a while ago some small "johnnies" for th end of the gun and they did look handy. I might buy some the next time i am in the area. Does anyone know where to purchase the leather muzzle protectors from as i have never seen them for sale anywhere.... :victory:

They are common in Germany. Drop me a PM with rifle details and I will organise one if you want me to.

The Frankonia company in Würzburg, Bavaria, Germany do most stuff.

They are only used while walking to and from high seats and storing in safes-stops spiders nesting Eh?, they take them off while sitting in wait (easy to forget though). The plastic plugs used in the automotive trade for filling holes should do the trick also and are a complete shoot through option with no damage done due to the air pressure wave preceding the bullets path to the muzzle.

I use tape.

Martin

Edited by bavarianbrit