airgun wanted

bigadg

ive had a 1.77 hw77 k for a few years now and i wouldn't have anything else,iv'e tried a few precharge guns and i didn't like them and the amount of rabbits and birds iv'e had with me old reliable as i call it is fenominal,but everyone to there own B)

Guest king ratcatcher

I think what millet is trying to say, is, not all rats stay around long enough for a head shot, therefore youle need a body/neck shot, and the .22 your more likely going to stop them in the tracks with this sort of shot :)

Theres been a clever rat in the garden lately, it will not hang around, its back and forth from the bait so quick its impossible to get a head shot, i wouldnt like to shoot a rat in the body with a .177 either, so therefore the .22 comes into its own :clapper:

Depends how much you want to spend. The HW range are all tremendous rifles, second hand you should be able to pick up a bargain. As with all springers, some people find them heavy, I don't mind this as I am a crap shot and find that a heavier rifle compensates for my "shake" due to a duff shoulder, well that and my apalling eyesight :11: .

I use a Air Arms Pro Sport in .177 and nothing has got up after being shot by that, this company do make some cracking springers. Forgot, mine is V-MACH tuned.

PCPs are your other alternative, I also use these, most are much lighter than a springer. The one I would go for would be a Logun S-16, I sold the one I had and regret it to this day. Very under rated and a rifle that will excel in all situations and all the negatives about them, I found could be put down to the person firing the rifle...........Al :thumbs-up:

If your shooting rats indoor's or at close range around building's,i wouldn't bother with a full power gun.I have an old gamo .22 with open sight's that's putting out about 6-7 ftlb on the chrono,doe's the job a treat,and lower's the chance's of a bad ricochet with the low power output.

If it's just for rats, its not really necessary to spend the earth. I'd recommend something like a BSA Lightning, or an HW95K. Both absolutely superb rifles, for not a great deal of money.

I've lost count of the number of rats I've dropped with my HW95 over the 10 years I've had it. It needs some attention now, as some dim wit that I leant it too removed the trigger adjustment screw (i have no idea why!!) and now it's unsafe- it fires if you just look at it!! I also need a new mainspring for it, any suggestions?

If it's just for rats, its not really necessary to spend the earth. I'd recommend something like a BSA Lightning, or an HW95K. Both absolutely superb rifles, for not a great deal of money.

I've lost count of the number of rats I've dropped with my HW95 over the 10 years I've had it. It needs some attention now, as some dim wit that I leant it too removed the trigger adjustment screw (i have no idea why!!) and now it's unsafe- it fires if you just look at it!! I also need a new mainspring for it, any suggestions?

Ox springs work well in the hw's just beware of the power they can put out !

get it thruogh a chronograph right away ;)

hi

i would like to get my hands on a good airgun for rat shooting

anyone give me some tips on what to get

stu

what about a ratcatcher ??

not too pricey either !