still no luck

Nice one fella, if you shy of the plastic points you will find less meat damage.

Just a thought. :thumbs:

i would but im waiting on some hornady 87g bthp bullet heads at the moment so i can work up a load for them. i only use the sst's because they kill and can get just under 1/2 moa at 100 yards which at the moment is perfectly acceptable for me.

atb, jack

up this morning at 3:30 :thumbdown: got all my kit together and headed out into the dark. arrived at the high seat at around 3:40

picture was taken after i got down when it was getting light

post-20153-043552700 1277547656_thumb.jpg

anyway sat up and waited, its intriguing listenung to the sound of the woods when nothing else is around. rabbits were hopping around underneath the high seat unaware of me watching over them. just as the sun was coming up a large doe popped out onto the ride to my left around 40 yards away, feeling the excitement building i slowly slid a round into the chamber, that bolt is F****ng noisy when nothing else is happening, and waited for a good shot. she wouldnt stop moving and eventually walked back into the undergrowth. i was not disheartened however as i knew there would be more to come. turned around to look ahead then out of the corner of my eye saw her walk back out again slowly crossing the ride. i took my chance at the last minute as she was ever so slightly quartered and BOOM, even supressed the .243 rang out disturbing everything in the wood. however i'd hit my target and shot her through the heart however the shot must have been slightly forward as there was a fair amount of meat damage on the shoulder :hmm: . she went straight down, kicked a couple of times then lay still.

post-20153-068908500 1277548003_thumb.jpg

upon performing the gralloch i noticed the 95g sst had blown a significant hole in her heart.

post-20153-051901700 1277548215_thumb.jpg

a very happy moi and a strong feeling that wont be the last muntjac shot off that high seat. well worth the lack of sleep

Hello Arveyboy

Is it a requirement to have an unloaded gun on a high seat in the UK?

I would think the best method is climb up into the high seat then load the rifle with the barrel pointing down at the ground then swing the firing pin locking safety lever up to the mid-unloading position and rest the rifle beside me till a beast comes by. Thats what we do here in Germany.

Martin

Edited by bavarianbrit