Pheasant rearing diary.

Well as you all know I am rearing some pheasant in my garden. Both because I want to and because I need the experience for when I go to Sparsholt college in September. I am Rearing them in a small rearing shed in my garden and will be keeping a photo diary updated every day on here. If you collectively decide you are getting p!ssed off with it then I will terminate the diary. I will Keep it updated from day -1 to release. here are the first few photos. :thumbs:

Edited by borntoshoot

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Calm down mate :drag: I'm just facing facts...

Fair enough. you could maybe try and get some work on a game farm?

Guest bluemink

why not just go and help out a keeper that rears his own?

So he will have first hand experience in rearing them in his own without anyone elses help.

tbh I don't think rearing a dozen chicks in your garden will give you much experience :thumbs: jmho.

Edited by bluemink

So he will have first hand experience in rearing them in his own without anyone elses help.

tbh I don't think rearing a dozen chicks in your garden will give you much experience :thumbs: jmho.

It sounds to me as if you're jealous to a certain extent Bluemink. Evidently, he will gain experience because he's rearing the birds. To some extent I agree with your statement because he won't gain as much experience as he would if he was on a large game farm or shoot that rears their own birds. It doesn't take a lot on 'The Hunting Life' for people to start having a 'dig' at others, does it? It sounds to me as if some do not have anything better to do with their time than try to act as if they're perfect.

Well done mate keep it up, I say fairplay cant wait to have a read how you are getting on. Doesn't matter if you have 10 or 10,000 it's all good experience. Where just about to start catching this week 4000 to catch on friday.

Guest bluemink

It sounds to me as if you're jealous to a certain extent Bluemink. Evidently, he will gain experience because he's rearing the birds. To some extent I agree with your statement because he won't gain as much experience as he would if he was on a large game farm or shoot that rears their own birds. It doesn't take a lot on 'The Hunting Life' for people to start having a 'dig' at others, does it? It sounds to me as if some do not have anything better to do with their time than try to act as if they're perfect.

why would I be jealous mate? I have reared 100's of ornamental and ringneck pheasant. And now I help out at a large commercial game shoot, who rear all there own stock bar a few thousand, which are bought as day olds. I am the same age as this fella and I was just suggesting that he try and get some experience that would apply to a career in keepering, not trying to have a dig :thumbs: