What sub round in a .22 CZ 452

I've got a silhouette, same rifle except the barrel isn't nickel plated. I've found out of all the round the eley subsonic hollow points seem to be the best for me. I went through the process of trying all the different rounds out when I first got the rifle as different rounds suit different rifles, even people with the same rifle often find that their rifle doesn't like the same rounds their mate's does. The main criticism people have of the eley round is the fact they are actually a fairly dirty round compared to other 22 rounds, leaving quite a lot of fouling in the barrel, they also give off a bit of a strange smell. Doesn't bother me to be honest but puts some people off. Best advice I can give is to try a variety of different rounds to see what your rifle likes, you've got to break in the barrel if its a new rifle, which should take a few thousand rounds before it really settles down. ATB Sam

My CZ Style shoots about equal on Eley and Winchester subs. So as the Winchesters are a bit cheaper, I stick to those. It might be the waxy lubricant having an effect, but I think the Winnies are a bit cleaner too.

Mine is a Sub Sonic field tool and I find Magtech 40g HP perfectly adequate.

I have nearly 3 boxes of Eley Subs left if someone wants to make me a sensible offer, they are no more accurate in my Silhouette than the Magtech and they have less stopping power!

You need to find what works in your barrel!!! :thumbs: