What Rifle/Rifles Have You Got?

mad al

My rifles:

• SFS tuned HW95, .22, thumbhole stock
  • BSA Lightning, .22, GasRam, replacement walnut "sporter" stock
  • AA S410, .177

Up until quite recently I had a Theoben Sirocco 2000 .20 but sold it to make room for a shottie. I still haven't filled out the forms.....and spent the money on another SFS 95. This one has a walnut "sporter" stock, a bull barrel silencer and is .177.

I like Simmons WTC scopes and have one 1.5 - 5 x 20, one 3-10 x 40 and two 3-10 x 50.

I spend far too much money on this "hobby"......hope she doesn't find out! :whistle:

• 2 weeks later...

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

MK 1 THEOBEN RAPID 12 .20 CAL :rocker:

Snap!!!

gun.jpg

Just waiting to get it back from C&S in manchester as i'm having it tuned and regulated,it was running a little bit naughty even though i'd had it set to 12ft/lbs. It also had the craziest power curve, it would start at 11.7 and reach a max of 15.5. So hopefully it'll all be settled back down to legal limits now.

I've a beaten up hw97k too which needs a new spring and a thorough tuning. The kid i bought it off must have left it out in the rain as the spring looks like it's covered in molten chocolate and it's doing about 9 or 10 ft/lbs, still i had it for dirt cheap so it's worth doing.

Edited by big mafoota
Mad al, your longbows stock is very tastey indeed :thumbs-up:

This is one of my favourite rifles, I keep this and the Pro Sport at my brothers, no need to worry about air supply then. We use them together, only I think my brother has his eye on the Pro Sport :hmm: .

Cheers "kr"............Al :thumbs-up:

Heres an upto date pic of mine .........

dscf36642of5.th.jpg

I just love S-16s, brilliant rifles...........Al :thumbs-up:

I have the stealth,hw80(aka bessie) :laugh: and an old gat gun with a bone pistol grip !

Need to shrink the photo of the gat .will get a pic up later .

Which do you prefer, the Stealth or the 80?..........Al :hmm:

Hey mad Al what’s that BSA Lightning XL Tactical like I have the BSA Lightning XL (With an AGS 3-9 X 40 mil dot scope on a pod and logun lamp) is there much difference or does it just look sexier?

Some nice air sticks around fellows!!

youve got a springer on a tripod :wacko:

Yes I can’t shoot for shit with out it its embarrassing really if the grass is to long I cant go out to play!

It’s a great little thing handy when I’m pigeon shooting in hides and shooting longish distance on a couple golf courses I shoot on for rabbits I love the cartoon.

Edited by Branch
Hey mad Al what’s that BSA Lightning XL Tactical like I have the BSA Lightning XL (With an AGS 3-9 X 40 mil dot scope on a pod and logun lamp) is there much difference or does it just look sexier?

Some nice air sticks around fellows!!

From what I've read, it's exactly the same rifle only with a synthetic stock. The idea is that the stock is more durable for hunting :hmm: .

I think if you're happy with what you've got and get the results you want with this rifle, why change? Unless you're like me that is :icon_eek: "got to have one of them!"...............Al :thumbs-up:

I bought it after using a mate’s lightning and had to have one and though I’m not a huge air gunner I do enjoy this gun. I mostly go out at night and have been thinking of getting one of those luminous scope jobbies any good or just yet another way of shafting no nothings like me out of my cash?

I bought it after using a mate’s lightning and had to have one and though I’m not a huge air gunner I do enjoy this gun. I mostly go out at night and have been thinking of getting one of those luminous scope jobbies any good or just yet another way of shafting no nothings like me out of my cash?

Damn good rifle, I think British guns get a lot of flak for no reason, I've got three Webleys :icon_eek: . As for scopes, it's a lottery, if you've used a good scope then it's difficult to settle for less. Depends really on how much you want to spend. What I tend to do is wait till one the lads on here or another site buys a scope to see what they think.

Let me know what scope you're thinking of and I'll ask some of the guys on Airgununiverse if they've used them. I had night vision up until this year, brilliant piece of kit, just wasn't using it enough and I do prefer the lamp. My latest tool for the dark is a head torch off ebay for £6.99!!!!

In my opinion, a top notch scope is worth every penny in the right situation, but in total darkness with a lamp???,,,,,,,,,,,Al :thumbs-up: