f*****g sparrowhawk!!!

I said in my last post on the subject before somone removed the thread that Spars can be a nuisance but then again so is the average household cat.....

I never thought I would say this but the Spars around here are doing my nut in taking birds off the bird table, I'm not condemning them just stateing a fact that I know how much damage a Spar can do expecially when rearing youngsters, only the other day the wife saw one take a young Woodpecker....

I actually loved the bloody things! but not so much of late. Its about time (Animal Health WLRS) allowed Falconers a Wild Take under Licenseyes.gif.............

Jasper

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can only assume that someone has been silly and got my subject deleted wallbash.gif

Anyone shed some light?

probably going on about killing sparrow hawks so you can put your little tweety birds out on a nice day,i think you f****d up your own thread mate

well said mate :thumbs:

I'm not daft enough to admit to breaking the law, just implied that's what I would like to do doh.gif.

I love to see a predator bird hunt but they have reached an unsustainable level here where I live and are viewed by me as a pest and are hated the same as a magpie or crow!!!

At least I can control those legally clapper.gif.

To those that "bit" "GET A LIFE" feck.gif

HOW THE FECK CAN A SPARROWHAWK POSSIBLY BE CLASSED LIKE A MAGGPIE AN CROW :wallbash:THERE OUT OF THE SPARS LEAUGE ITS THE GREATEST RAPTOR IN THE UK AN THE BEST HUNTER WITH THERE UNIQUE FLYING SKILLS AN ABILTITY THERE FAR FROM A PEST THIS IS JUST NATURE :feck:

Too many of anything, beautiful or not becomes a nuisance and a pest, taking too many songbirds and other animals prey such as mice and voles.

Are you so blind as to not understand that there are too many!?!

Nature? I've heard antis claiming that predators such as fox manage their own numbers.

am not blind to see theres never to many sparrowhawks the more the better

After watching this thread for a while and not commenting you my friend dont half talk out yer arse and eventually you have put up a stupid statement like "the more the better". Obviously you have a love of these birds(and probably all hook beaks) and you are not willing to listen that these birds are now everywhere and becoming a pest. If you own cage birds, pigeons or young poults then nothing is safe from this feckin' bird........the sooner some kind of license is available to control numbers the better :yes:

I can only assume that someone has been silly and got my subject deleted wallbash.gif

Anyone shed some light?

probably going on about killing sparrow hawks so you can put your little tweety birds out on a nice day,i think you f****d up your own thread mate

I'm not daft enough to admit to breaking the law, just implied that's what I would like to do doh.gif.

I love to see a predator bird hunt but they have reached an unsustainable level here where I live and are viewed by me as a pest and are hated the same as a magpie or crow!!!

HOW THE FECK CAN A SPARROWHAWK POSSIBLY BE CLASSED LIKE A MAGGPIE AN CROW :wallbash:THERE OUT OF THE SPARS LEAUGE ITS THE GREATEST RAPTOR IN THE UK AN THE BEST HUNTER WITH THERE UNIQUE FLYING SKILLS AN ABILTITY THERE FAR FROM A PEST THIS IS JUST NATURE :feck:

Too many of anything, beautiful or not becomes a nuisance and a pest, taking too many songbirds and other animals prey such as mice and voles.

Nature? I've heard antis claiming that predators such as fox manage their own numbers.

After watching this thread for a while and not commenting you my friend dont half talk out yer arse and eventually you have put up a stupid statement like "the more the better". Obviously you have a love of these birds(and probably all hook beaks) and you are not willing to listen that these birds are now everywhere and becoming a pest. If you own cage birds, pigeons or young poults then nothing is safe from this feckin' bird........the sooner some kind of license is available to control numbers the better :yes:

you talk out your arse and yes i do have a love 4 these birds (not all BOP) i like BOP but sparrowhawk is my favourite and wouldnt like ter see these birds culled am no anti just like you,yous wouldnt want to see your caged birds taken by spars cats, i agree with jaspers coment but am sure theres a way to prevent sparrowhawks from taken caged birds maybe not flyin pigeons but it is nature. heres an example i was flyin an american kestrel last season [bANNED TEXT] suddenly a female spar come swooping in an all il say is that was the end of my kestrel i was gutted after months of training but on thee other hand it was an amazing site (so i didnt want to shoot sparrowhawks )after that i learnt just to be more careful were i fly my birds an if it happens again all i can say is that its nature....

Anyone shed some light?

you talk out your arse and yes i do have a love 4 these birds (not all BOP) i like BOP but sparrowhawk is my favourite and wouldnt like ter see these birds culled am no anti just like you,yous wouldnt want to see your caged birds taken by spars cats, i agree with jaspers coment but am sure theres a way to prevent sparrowhawks from taken caged birds maybe not flyin pigeons but it is nature. heres an example i was flyin an american kestrel last season [bANNED TEXT] suddenly a female spar come swooping in an all il say is that was the end of my kestrel i was gutted after months of training but on thee other hand it was an amazing site (so i didnt want to shoot sparrowhawks )after that i learnt just to be more careful were i fly my birds an if it happens again all i can say is that its nature....

Months of training and you just thought...... "oh well its just nature"? I dont think i'd be quite so laid back about that i'm afraid. Looks to me that you know more about BOP than me and i wish you all the best with them but you can see why people get annoyed when they lose a bird that they have put hard graft, money and time into? :thumbs:

I said in my last post on the subject before somone removed the thread that Spars can be a nuisance but then again so is the average household cat.....

I never thought I would say this but the Spars around here are doing my nut in taking birds off the bird table, I'm not condemning them just stateing a fact that I know how much damage a Spar can do expecially when rearing youngsters, only the other day the wife saw one take a young Woodpecker....

I actually loved the bloody things! but not so much of late. Its about time (Animal Health WLRS) allowed Falconers a Wild Take under Licenseyes.gif.............

Jasper

thats a fair comment ,but on the thread that was pulled someone was saying how he puts a fish tank over his song birds out in the garden and how funny it is to watch the spars kill themselves on hitting it,now surely no one can agree to behaviour like that,its not the spars fault that all the hedgerows are dissapearing in this country, due to the massive fields you have now compared to say 20 years ago there natural huntig grounds are getting smaller and smaller in my opinion atb greg

That fella just said a mate of his put a tank over his bird cage while he cleaned out their flight and a number of spars hit the tank thats all,i've had one tangle in some pea netting i had over my poults last year found it dead in the morning when feeding my birds.Now i did feel a bit sorry for it as it was only a young un but was also glad it won't be coming back as it's parents have seen off a few of my doves as well,you've got to be out in the field a lot to know what the true numbers are and if they need to be controled and i'd say the lads who have said as much are out there and do know what their talking about like it or not.

Prey numbers must be high, or Sparrowhawk number would be low wink.gif

clapper.gif makes alot of sense Stealthy! BOP are top of the food chain! there must be plenty of quarry keeping their numbers up.........

Mind you mate all them Partridge and Pheasant poults now going in the pens definitley help a little wink.gifbiggrin.gif....

Jasper

Months of training and you just thought...... "oh well its just nature"? I dont think i'd be quite so laid back about that i'm afraid. Looks to me that you know more about BOP than me and i wish you all the best with them but you can see why people get annoyed when they lose a bird that they have put hard graft, money and time into? thumbs.gif

yes stevie i can see y people get annoyed when a spar take sum thing that youve put time an effort into i admitt i was very annoyed but what could i do i couldnt hate the bird because, what it done, because thats the same reason i love them not takin me kestrel of course just the way they hunt.hope you dont loose anymore of your birds to them but can you understand why i was annoyed with sum of the comments like the fishtank 1 an your no5 shot because i too no how it feels thumbs.gif

Jasper

woodpeckers are just as bad killing and wrecking other birds nests :thumbdown:

Months of training and you just thought...... "oh well its just nature"? I dont think i'd be quite so laid back about that i'm afraid. Looks to me that you know more about BOP than me and i wish you all the best with them but you can see why people get annoyed when they lose a bird that they have put hard graft, money and time into? thumbs.gif

yes stevie i can see y people get annoyed when a spar take sum thing that youve put time an effort into i admitt i was very annoyed but what could i do i couldnt hate the bird because, what it done, because thats the same reason i love them not takin me kestrel of course just the way they hunt.hope you dont loose anymore of your birds to them but can you understand why i was annoyed with sum of the comments like the fishtank 1 an your no5 shot because i too no how it feels thumbs.gif

Looks like we're gonna shake hands on this subject after all biggrin.gif.

As I said before I love to watch them hunt too but there are loads too many here at moment. I can except "it's nature" and am tolerant when the odd poult is taken but IMO there does has to be a balance.

I do a bit as a part time keeper at home and run 5 lasen traps every year. I haven't dropped below 100 no. magpies for the last 5 year and almost as many crow too, so songbird population is very healthy hence so many hawks.

Jasper

Another thing we can't legally shoot wallbash.gif

Don't forget the grey squirrel!!! clapper.gif

I love to "control" those horrible things biggrin.gif No one will convince me that's wrong tongue2.gif

Jasper

Another thing we can't legally shoot wallbash.gif

Don't forget the grey squirrel!!! clapper.gif

I love to "control" those horrible things biggrin.gif No one will convince me that's wrong tongue2.gif

:clapper: :clapper: well said mate :thumbs: