black ferrets

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well you have a sambo & honky dont you anyway :laugh:

Well, here is my my two penn'eth   I have kept ferrets for 30 years and have had all sorts including pure wild cage caught polecats. I have seen many dark animals but none darker that Romany's above

Posted Images

some of the kits my mrs bred with turbotyke. black x ferret.

thats the little buggers i gave one of the hobs to a mate how i had my black dog off and hes got some kits from him so im haveing a cupel of jills there are some dark ones and some silver kits very nice

thats what these look like mate

yea most of them stayed dark but they dont carry the bandit mask just the white bibs. i'll find some more pics out asap. atb

kits wont get their masks until Nov-December i.e. winter coat then moult next spring and loose the mask over summer IME

Y.I.S Leeview

thats what these look like mate

yea most of them stayed dark but they dont carry the bandit mask just the white bibs. i'll find some more pics out asap. atb

kits wont get their masks until Nov-December i.e. winter coat then moult next spring and loose the mask over summer IME

Y.I.S Leeview

Well in my opinion them kits look porely masked run of the mill ferrets I have a couple in my litter the same

i had polecat kits image of them, not trying to be annoying just saying what i see

heres some photos, jill was polecat hob was a sandy

DSC05303-1.jpg

DSC05396.jpg

DSC05387.jpg

have you any pics of parents, i would like to see a black ferret or black ferret x just i'm seeing little differences here...

no offence intended

all the best lurcher lass x x

All these "black" ferrets just look like rather nice dark polcat ferrets.

I don't disbelieve that with a bit of artificial help ferret/mink mules might have been bred but I can't see the offspring being viable in the breeding stakes .

Mink breeding biology differs in that they have a different gestation period to a ferret and can also exhibit delayed implantation .

These are just my thoughts . :thumbs:

I don't disbelieve that with a bit of artificial help ferret/mink mules might have been bred but I can't see the offspring being viable in the breeding stakes .

Mink breeding biology differs in that they have a different gestation period to a ferret and can also exhibit delayed implantation .

Polecat x mink hybrids have occurred naturally in the wild, but only in Europe as the mink needs to be the European mink. The American mink in this country doesn't hybridise with the polecat or ferret.

Polecat x mink hybrids have occurred naturally in the wild, but only in Europe as the mink needs to be the European mink. The American mink in this country doesn't hybridise with the polecat or ferret.

I did'nt know that but it is a little more believable that the cross might occur with European mink as they -I believe- have a gestation period nearer the ferret's and I don't think they exhibit delayed implantation as often . As European mink do not occur in Britain and are actually quite rare it makes the claims of people who say they have a mink /ferret cross in this country even more unlikely . Thanks Romany. I live and learn ! :thumbs:

Edited by comanche

I did'nt know that but it is a little more believable that the cross might occur with European mink as they -I believe- have a gestation period nearer the ferret's and I don't think they exhibit delayed implantation as often . As European mink do not occur in Britain and are actually quite rare it makes the claims of people who say they have a mink /ferret cross in this country even more unlikely . Thanks Romany. I live and learn ! :thumbs:

Have a look at this.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.ferret.ru/eng/im/xonorik.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.ferret.ru/eng/khonorik.html&usg=__nQhQCuC-riv1NdUaBZzlQQE6ISg=&h=284&w=350&sz=26&hl=en&start=2&um=1&itbs=1&tbnid=mnoaCbmihpO-QM:&tbnh=97&tbnw=120&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dferret%2Bx%2Bmink%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den%26client%3Dfirefox-a%26sa%3DG%26rls%3Dorg.mozilla:en-GB:official%26tbs%3Disch:1