how long

Guest merle

i know all about the treble two, millions of red deer have been shot out of choppers here with it and it does kill out of proportion to it's size, so long as the range is not to far, it loses energy pretty quick after 200 meters. used a sako vixen for years. i have used and discarded the 270 as i could never get the bloody thing to shoot, even with homeloads. i have shot some good stags with ballistic tips and heaps of fallow and found it to jelly the fore quaters or pass right through depending on the range. i use a 30/30, 2506 and 3006 good for every thing from rabbits to red stag.

haha, shooting rabbits with a 30/30, is there anything left??? :p

where in NZ are you kiwi?

just shoot them in the head, ya can usallay find the hind legs lol. the bright red stain on the ground is a good place to start looking. always been taught to use [bANNED TEXT] ever gun you have on hand, as i hand load it's good to blast bunnies with deer calibers and good pratice. wild cats are a huge problem over here and you get alot of satisfaction when you give them a 150grain ticket out.