Sign in to follow this  
sniffer

Anyone ever eaton squirrel

I went into a butchers the other day in hastings wilst working down there, and they was selling squirel cutlets,i ve always thought of them as been tree rats so never fancyed tring them anyone else ever eaton one ? :unsure:

Guest midnight_runner

do you not know it tastes just like chicken :11: :11:

Guest JOEB

True story........My 2 (much older) brothers came home from work, the old man had cooked a lovely stew.

They get stuck in like the pair of greedy feckers that they are, back for for second helpings, my brother H says "This stew is blinding pop"......."Yeah, nice aint it boy" says the old man......"Whats in it pop" says brother number 2........"Squirrell boy" replys the old man.........they both run out and spewed like babys :D

JOEB

Guest trill

thats what the old lady says :11: :snack:

Edited by trill

Guest samstheman

Tastes of nuts........... :11:

you just ate the wrong bit :11:

What was the bit that tasted like sausage then..........? :sick: :laugh:

Edited by samstheman

it dont taste bad at all,but for the time taken to skin those little feckers and the lack of meat they is,theres not much point.go ahead and try one because they arent bad and iceaz who used to be on this site told me they taste alot much better when layered with a curry sauce then fried :11:

good cooking

rew

it dont taste bad at all,but for the time taken to skin those little feckers and the lack of meat they is,theres not much point.go ahead and try one because they arent bad and iceaz who used to be on this site told me they taste alot much better when layered with a curry sauce then fried :11:

good cooking

rew

maybe one day ill give one a try, ive probably eaton one already out of my local chinese :11:

Squirrel ( fox and grey) is an excellent meal...skin the squirrel and clean and cut up...roll in flour with a small bit of corn meal , salt peppr and a dash or 2 of rubbed sage...heat up LARD ( NOT crisco or vegetable oils etc but HOG LARD) in a skillet...drop the floured pieces in the hot oil and fry until golden brown...eat with home made biscuits and make gravy on the squirrel drippings. Hard to beat as a meal.

thats what the old lady says :11: :snack:

no mate,she said it was fowl :11: