how much is eukanuba a bag ??? and it seems that the high percentage of guys on here use red mills so it cant be that shite

last time i brought eukanuba was about 6 years ago for my pup and it was £41 for a bag, not sure how much it is now but he looked dam well on it.

Edited by Trigger

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well jamie mate im with ya all the way on this one, ive fed all sorts to my dogs over the years "inc red mills" and now wont feed owt but iams since i tried it. at pets at home its buy one get one half price works out at £25 for a 15kg sack not cheap ill grant ya but ya dont need to feed as much because its not bulked up with sh*t and ya get less out the other end to prove it, so doesnt work out much more in the grand scale of things.

all the best

D2D

you can get 20kilo bags of eukanuba for about £36 i never sed red mills is shite mate but if it is meat derivatives then it has shite in it 100% fact meat not fit for human consumption= shite to me jmho

is it not 15kg for about £36 mate were you get yours would rather have 3bags redmills for that

if u ring the number off the back of the eukanuba bag and ask to join the breeders club :whistling::whistling: just say u breed bout 4 litters a year u can get it £36 for 20 kilo bag depending on the work your dogs are doing you do notice a difference the lower cost meals are packed with bran rice to make the dog feel full, and enough fat and vitamins to keep a dog just about ticking over, i noticed with mine on the lower cost meals used to lose weight after a hard days graft u dont get that with the dearer meals because of the high fat content thats the most important thing for a running dog

Edited by jamie7344
Guest little lurcher

holiie isnt asking for a new food , as she uses the best imo, RAW , but when raw isnt easily sourced we all have a prefernece , i feed the greyhound formulations as they are the ONLY food designed to be added to and wont upset digestion when extras are added

Hi all bye.gif

I am currently feeding both my dogs on a completely RAW diet, however, next week i am being moved into temporary accommodation and cant take my dogs with me cry.gif my lurcher is going to my mums and my whippet is going to my dads, the lurcher will stay on RAW because my dog food freezer can be stored at my mums but i need to find a DECENT dry food for the whippet, i don't want to spend a fortune but i know the cheaper stuff is filled with crap and i don't know what to buy wallbash.gif

Whippet is 9 months

she will be a little more active with my dad (he is on a farm and will mooch about for hours and may take her out at night as well wink.gif )

What protein % should i be going for, i don't want her to be hyper and she wont be running hard

Any advice would be greatly received thumbs.gif

why dont you just buy a cheap chest freezer out the loot or somewhere to put in your dads and problem solved,you would get a freezer for the price of a sack of decent meal lol.

why dont you just buy a cheap chest freezer out the loot or somewhere to put in your dads and problem solved,you would get a freezer for the price of a sack of decent meal lol.

Nowhere to store it otherwise i would have done that!!!

I notice a lot of you swear by Red Mills. I'm the opposite, fed it to my dogs once but never again. I noticed an increase in the amount they shit and it was coming out of them like cow pats, loose and green.no.gif

I have used Chudleys Greyhound and Chudleys Crunch aswell as Gain 28% and found them to be far better than the above, less shit and the dogs look better.thumbs.gif

I notice a lot of you swear by Red Mills. I'm the opposite, fed it to my dogs once but never again. I noticed an increase in the amount they shit and it was coming out of them like cow pats, loose and green.no.gif

I have used Chudleys Greyhound and Chudleys Crunch aswell as Gain 28% and found them to be far better than the above, less shit and the dogs look better.thumbs.gif

well i think you need to check yor info mate as gain 28 is made by red mills if im not mistaken and is more or less the same

well i think you need to check yor info mate as gain 28 is made by red mills if im not mistaken and is more or less the same

I would think you were mistaken Brian, but if you can show me otherwise then fair do's.

As I've already said there was a big difference in the amount and texture of shit the dogs passed so that would indicate they're not the same.

Just had a look through the 'net Brian and Conneleys make Red Mills feeds and Gain is made by Glanbia feeds which would suggest your info might be wrong.

Edited by tote

I like using james wellbeloved for the pups but usually just use a working dog mix as well as other tit bit through it. And its been ok for all our dogs over the years all diffrent breeds labs, lurchers ,spanials , Terriers :thumbs:

Been loads of law suits brought against Royal Canin and Eukaniba in the States - everything from infected rice protein in the feed (imported from China) to dodgy ingredients.

"Plaintiffs contend the food is actually made from "inedible" slaughterhouse waste products of the human food chain such as spines, heads, tails, hooves, hair, and blood. Rendering companies who process this waste have also added other inedible "waste" such as euthanized cats and dogs from veterinarian offices and animal shelters, road kill, zoo animals, rancid restaurant grease, toxic chemicals and additives. Additionally, dead animals and those declared unfit for human consumption due to disease and illness are also placed in the mix."

So much for expensive "premium" food. :thumbdown: