deer

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Getting permision to run them in the forestry may be a problem, They will allready have people shooting them to control the numbers. They will come out to graze on the fields. Just go early morning or in the evening and have a mooch around the out skirts of the wood. It wont be hard to find where they feed ;)

David

Guest Nightwalker
Two years ago I crossed a deerhound ( from good coursing lines) with a golden eagle. I am determined that when that fat fella invades my airspace his bleedin reindeer will get what's coming to them. My dog can hunt fly and carry. There is going to be an awful lot of disappointed kiddies this year. If you live in my part of the woods-Scotland check out the skies on Xmas eve-there will be more than Rudolph's nose that will be coloured red.

This bird/dog is only interested in certain bitches. They must be flighty. Stud fee negotiable.

I'm with you on the eagle/deerhound hybrid mate - perfect cross the Deeagle (as it is known), no more knocked-up toes, swoosh straight over the fences and wire, can't think why this cross isn't more popular. I think you may be disappointed this winter though, it is well known that us soft, cissy southerners go to bed earlier than the hardy denizens of Jockistan. So while you Jocks are still sat up watching Scotch & Wry on the telly and munching your deep-fried Mars bars while putting away a bottle or two of whisky and a couple of bags of smack , Santa's little helpers will be flying over the South and vulnerable to capture by the Southern Counties Deeagle Crew. However, in view of recent changes in the law, our Deeagles will be muzzled this year and we will practice a responsible track and release policy.

DAAAAAMMMNN you to hell Nichtwalker, you're no content tae stael oor SCOTTISH DEERHOONDS and OOR SCOTTISH GOLDEN EAGLES but you've got tae course them all o'er the skyways and mek them lampshy. Typical your no even gaan to kill them -pit bluidy muzzles on them, what sort of poofy game is that? Another thing ye ken f all aboot Scottish culture-we do not drink whisky and eat deep fat fried Mars bars. For your Sassenach information :deep fat fried Mars bars are always consumed with Iron Brew. :censored:

theres muntys around rossington between tickhill and doncaster aswell as i found out last night :D

Never knew that :blink: Rossington is only 20 minutes from me, may have to dig the camera out and see if I can get some photos.

there is also a very big herd of red deer also at rossington ! :D

Qaulity thread lads,its a great read,thanks;

ive took one Roe buck by chance with my saluki i had untill 2 weeks ago (freak accident),i was looking for those large rabbits and out of an over grown dyke it sprung up and i thought F**K IT!,loved every second of it and so did my bitch saluki!

How do people rate straight salukis for all round deer work (pre ban of course!),after all their main quarry in the land of origin are gazzel and hare?

• 8 months later...
not getting into this one as i agree both sides in ways

have bought good fox dogs and seen some good deer dogs for sale.

but one thing i have not seen for sale is a first class rabbit dog.

and only ever seen three dogs of a certain quality.

not easy to get a good dog for any quarry but a good dog to take rabbits on any land

flat on hills with out missing much is as rare as hens teeth.

i think every thing seems easy until we start hunting it.

will be honest enough to say i dont know much about hunting deer.

some of my friends take it serious and it seems to be the biggest they can get

they go for and how they have lost and seen how easy their dogs have been thrown

in the air when caught off guard.

its a good topic with different views

take it easy

macker

ten a penny good rabbiting dogs

Guest artic monkey

We just have Water deer and muntys here. Water deer are good sport. My Sal/grey x Whippet is just under 24inch and snaps the water deer up nicely.

There are so many my way that the farmers are pulling there hair out over them. I take only what im going to consume, or for friends. There a good sport and they do test your dog. I go in the day time seeing them laying down in the open, they have a almighty take off!! Lovely creatures.

There are bigger deer not far from me on other land that ive got permission on but i will not risk my dog on them, due to the fact of build and height of my bitch. Everyone to there own though.

[bANNED TEXT] do you think? is harder to cach them on a day or night i think that their are easy to cach :rocker: on a night

PERSONALLY I THINK YOU ARE GETTING A FALSE SENSE OF YOUR DOG IF HE CAN ONLY PULL THEM AT NIGHT...I THINK RABBITS ARE HARDER THAN DEER ON THE LAMP IMHO...OH AND AS FOR BREEDING..ANY DOG SHOULD TAKE THEM IF THEY WANT TOO

It must depend on the land the deer near me simply jump a 7 1/2 fence to saftey without breaking stride how many dogs would follow my guess not many. good hunting, daftlad 8)=@