Cartridges/choke or me?

stop being a fanny garryw what the fuk do the antis have to do with shooting pigeons on the ground ???????????

As a rule of thumb smaller shot tighter choke eley do a catridge pigeon extreme they are very good but imo 30g clear pigeon 6 are plenty

pigeon shooting as we know it is for pest control-yes or no?answer-yes we do this under the general license allowing us to control corvids/pigeons that are damaging crops- animal fodder etc.if we are squeeky clean and toe the line there will be no reason for the antis that want all shooting banned, to argue the general license is not working-therefore posting as a few have about shooting birds on the ground gives them ammunition and it is not very sporting.

so im not being a fanny -moo-i am just trying to show that i am not the only one watching what is being posted- but if you want to start making the nails for the shooters coffin get cracking.

and 30gm-no6 cartridges fired out of 1/4 choke are ideal for pigeon.

pest control should be done quickly and cleanly so if a pigeon or any other form of winged vermin is shot on the ground as long as it it done in the fore mentioned way there will be no problem from the tree huggers

the lad asked for some genuine advice ...so why be such a cock about it ????????????????

Edited by MOO

shooting birds on the ground is not against the GL at all its perfectly ok to do so and i would try eley real tree pigeon there cheep and do the job well and i use 1/2 and 3/4 choke and it works great for me

chokes arnt really an issue, iv tried all of my 5 chokes and i cant see a difference. pattern testing is a good idea, find a good cartridge and stick with it. saying that, iv shot pigeons, crows, rabbits etc with all kinds of cartridges from 5s right through to 9s. in my opinion its all about putting the shot in the right place

ps im not trying to be an expert its just what as worked for me!!!!!!!!