Reloading Virgin

Hi all,

Firstly an apology, I know this topic has been covered before but I can't find it.

Could anybody please point me in the direction of a book that details reloading for beginners please?

Ideally an up to date book that also suggests which equipment to buy

:signthankspin:

Hi all,

Firstly an apology, I know this topic has been covered before but I can't find it.

Could anybody please point me in the direction of a book that details reloading for beginners please?

Phone Norman Clarke from Rugby!

You will get so many different answers off here !

If you can maybe fin man close to you who reload ammunition. Ask to go see him do this. You will see how easy to do & quickly reaslise what you need.All other answer on internet . Good luck

Hi all,

The first book I got was ABC's of Reloading. Loads of info and a good base for further reading. Have a search for it on amazon, relatively cheap and free postage :victory:

Hi all,

ask in your local gun shop if they will talk you through it,they will at the northwest gun centre in bolton.best buying a kit lee cheapest,but I dont think the best that said it does the job.hornaday lnl kits were i would put my money£315. :thumbs:

Hi all,

The first book I got was ABC's of Reloading. Loads of info and a good base for further reading. Have a search for it on amazon, relatively cheap and free postage :victory:

Another vote for this book - ideal for the novice. Also U Tube have some very good vids on reloading - especially by Ammosmith

Hi all,

Another vote for this book - ideal for the novice. Also U Tube have some very good vids on reloading - especially by Ammosmith

Yet another for the ABC's of reloading. Richard Lee's book of Modern Reloading is good too, I also have the Hornady book and the Lyman one too. All give you a step by step guide of what to, and not to, do! I have the Lee kit with one or two RCBS add ons. Many world records are held or have been held by people using Lee reloading kit. Don't be put off by the nay sayers, Lee kit works well and they stand by their guarantee.

ft

Edit; There are lots of reloading charts, load tables etc. on the web!

Edited by flytie

Hi all,

Yet another for the ABC's of reloading. Richard Lee's book of Modern Reloading is good too, I also have the Hornady book and the Lyman one too. All give you a step by step guide of what to, and not to, do! I have the Lee kit with one or two RCBS add ons. Many world records are held or have been held by people using Lee reloading kit. Don't be put off by the nay sayers, Lee kit works well and they stand by their guarantee.

ft

Edit; There are lots of reloading charts, load tables etc. on the web!

True, LEE kit works fine. I have got my .222 shooting .111" at 100 yds using Lee dies. I am now 'upgrading gradually though as the LEE dies need quite a lot of effort to get good neck tension and after reoloading 70 rds I had a blister on the palm of my hand from giving it big licks on the Breech lock press. I now have Redding dies that require no force. I normally live by the 'buy cheap, buy twice' rule but in this case I did buy cheap but really the need to now buy twice is not because of naff goods, I just want to make life easier for myself.

Thanks again chaps,

Any opinions on the "Hornaday Lock 'N' Load" Reloading kit?

Cheshire Gun Room's Bolton branch is offering the complete kit (- dies) for £315.

Please let me know if it's sh*te.

Cheers :thumbs:

Thanks again chaps,

Cheshire Gun Room's Bolton branch is offering the complete kit (- dies) for £315.

have a look at the rcbs rockchucker kit to

Hi all,

OK

Cheap and cheerful! The LEE RELOADERS GUIDE is (in my opinion) the best basic instruction out there.

Read it, then read it again! I am an Engineer so it's bread and butter stuff to me, but really reloading

is very simple/easy, just take it slowly, and buy 'good' stuff.

REGARDS

AndyF

• 1 month later...

Hi all,

Hi, if you're going to be into reloading for the long haul, then buy the best - 'The Best' always being something shooters will take independant views on...but, for most, RCBS stuff is usually regarded as best. Personally, I have a Lee turrret press bought 25 years ago & it's still going strong - but, it isn't the best press. 'Play' in the turret & broken cast alumin. parts...over the years though, not too much has broken & been replaced on it. Works for me, but if I were buying again, I'd buy the RCBS kit.

All loading info is on the web, you tube & in good manuals...beg borrow steal. The key to good reloading will only come with experience & 'Feel'. Very easy to do the practical stuff, just watch what you're doing carefully & don't make a mistake. Be guided by what the books say as far as safety practices, then all will be fine. Enjoy.

Thanks again chaps,

looks to be every bit as good as rcbs but would use rcbs or redding dies.last hornaday kit i saw was £475,before the one in bolton