New Addition

B)-->

QUOTE(Dawn B @ Nov 9 2006, 08:43 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

Looks a happy chappie, hope he works well for you.

Dawn.

Cheers dawn,

hope so too im a bit hooked on it at the moment and cant wait to go beating in a fortnights time with him.

he seems to be settleing well and im making a big fuss of him at the moment, so he gets used to me.

Then its down to business, :D

cheers bob

Hello why wait till 2008 to trial him?

Just going to give the dog a chance to get used to me and my commands as they will very from the previous owner.

Dont now wether i need to give it that long but the guy i had him off said to forget trialing next year, and he knows far more than i do.

Out yesterday with the dummy and the dog is superb doing everything i wanted, well pleased at the moment.

:yes:

cheers bob

All the best look's a good sized dog i hate the small ESS on the go i like old style & well marked & a solid marked head like your's how's he bred?.Dont want to be nosie but why not train your own to trial?.

I agree them small things look like they've got lumps on their heads,not that i know anything about Spaniels,they just look wrong to me :icon_eek:

All the best look's a good sized dog i hate the small ESS on the go i like old style & well marked & a solid marked head like your's how's he bred?.Dont want to be nosie but why not train your own to trial?.

Wasnt my decision to trial i only wanted the dog for bushing and beating and to shoot over.

The dog has been prepared for trialing and was going to be entered after christmas.

The guy i bought him off said he will deffinatly trial, i just thought if the dog is up for it then at least give him the chance, if hes good then alls well and il continue trialing,

if he dont make the grade ( probably down to my inexperience ) them i keep him for what i originaly planned :D

cheers bob

nice looking dog mate fair play! did you have him off a friend or just buy him out of the paper??

Bought him off a mate, dont think many would sell a dog ready for trialing without running him first, most sell them because they dont make the grade, but still make good gun dogs. At least ive got a chance with him, its only me now who can mess the dog up. :11:

cheers bob

Hello blackbob your right most of these dog's are sold because they dont have it.Give him a chance & your self as it will take you time & hand's on experiance in trial's before it get's better & you settle it's all a learning curve i my self fancy a trialing dog's but it's very cleaket.

Hello blackbob your right most of these dog's are sold because they dont have it.Give him a chance & your self as it will take you time & hand's on experiance in trial's before it get's better & you settle it's all a learning curve i my self fancy a trialing dog's but it's very cleaket.

Thanks mate

il give it my best shot as the dog deserves it, Guy i bought him off is looking after me im out with him on

Thursday so he can see my progress and put me right if im doing wrong, and then out on his shoot on Saturday for some beating with the dog. :D

cheers bob