greyhound ferrets

Greyhound ferrets ????? wtf

Surely just a small ferret ?? I have a large hob who like to jump aboot when eh`s in the house.

I think I`ll call him a Kangaroo ferret and sell him to clueless wonders for a premium.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Food doesn't change genetics matey, if you've a genetically small kit, and you over feed it, you'd get a short fat ferret. i think it's a bit of a sweeping statement '1. runt of a litter 2. litter n

Hope magwitch doesn't mind me re-posting his photo. But here is a micro ferret but don't think they are the same as greyhound fezzers. but they are definately smaller than ya normal ferrets.    

thats an odd statment kay, you could say the same about evry breed of dog, dackshound to german shepard, same species, but very difrnt in apperance, both have exactly the same bone count and muscl

Posted Images

Greyhound ferrets ????? wtf

Surely just a small ferret ?? I have a large hob who like to jump aboot when eh`s in the house.

I think I`ll call him a Kangaroo ferret and sell him to clueless wonders for a premium.

Seen as how a terrier is just a small dog I'll call them a little underfed bull x lurcher and sell 'em to a trainer wearing hunter :thumbs:

If it's a smaller than usual and it breeds that way then surely it can be called a different breed of the same species or is this just dogs, cats, birds, guniea pigs etc what about the shite hairy angoras ??????? you telling me they aint a different breed of the same species????

where i come from,the greyhound has got its name from the way it stands like a greyhound,and the size of it but apart from that its a ferret to be honest its a common ferret around here,its just harder to get an albino one but they are not worth any more than any other ferret like.a silver ferret is rare around this place its eaither polecat or sandy ones but most of the ferrets i have ever saw are polecat crosses with albinos which has made them a lighter breed than the rest..i guess the arguement can go on and on about the greyhound ferret,but its only my opinion

If you click on search topic at the bottom of the page and put in "old type ferrets" you should get up the topic I started look down there and see the pictures of Brimmers ferrets I think that is as close as you can get to a greyhound ferret or thats how I remember them. What does Romany 52 think, pokey and I am still after a couple of jill kits if anyone has any

Edited by pokey

If you click on search topic at the bottom of the page and put in "old type ferrets" you should get up the topic I started look down there and see the pictures of Brimmers ferrets I think that is as close as you can get to a greyhound ferret or thats how I remember them. What does Romany 52 think, pokey and I am still after a couple of jill kits if anyone has any

Yes, brimmers look like the old type greyhounds mate, though some were even more exaggerated than those , the ones I had ,the hobs were the same build as the jills and not a great deal bigger. I've noticed that some strains throw big hobs and small jills, while others throw both small hobs and jills. Here's a couple of mine, not greyhounds but nice and long with long legs. Two hobs.

post-45122-12747142933_thumb.jpg

post-45122-12747143299_thumb.jpg

When i was young my dad kept albinos of a greyhound 'type' it is not a different breed, just a different type that if bred together produced similar type ferrets. They looked a lot like Magwitchs - they were not small but lean, long, with a high arched back and a more pointed nose - they were also incredibly quick. My dad would keep the whole litter and then run them all on - selecting the most 'greyhound' type to continue the breeding line Some of these 'greyhounds' were sold or given to others - and when mated to a normal looking ferret they would produce a mixed litter and then in a couple of litters the 'greyhound' look seemed to have been greatly reduced. They were fed very well.

Jai.

• Like 1
Guest michael.hudson7

my ferret bloody faced kills then leaves never know a ferret kill for fun.

post-18456-127473485444_thumb.jpg

not summer mate early last season. I understand what your saying though