I joined NOBS not long after it started and to be fair it was through them I got a start at the shoot I've been on for the last 5 seasons, I'm now the keepers right hand man and have free run of the land.

However I left Nobs not long after as in my opinion things started to change for the worse. People seemed to come from nowhere and sudenly become directors, the focus seemed to change from getting beaters and shoots together to money making.

So overall the original Nobs was a Godsend for me but I couldn't say the same for what it evolved into.

Edited by Marty_J

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I joined NOBS not long after it started and to be fair it was through them I got a start at the shoot I've been on for the last 5 seasons, I'm now the keepers right hand man and have free run of the land.

However I left Nobs not long after as in my opinion things started to change for the worse. People seemed to come from nowhere and sudenly become directors, the focus seemed to change from getting beaters and shoots together to money making.

So overall the original Nobs was a Godsend for me but I couldn't say the same for what it evolved into.

unfortunatly that is the statement made by most people including myself.i was also one of the early members and it worked fine then things changed drasticaly and not for the better.things started to go wrong when scot left for whatever reason.the original concept of nobs was and still is a great idea,pity it founded.

I reiterate, I will state the figure for donations but as all expenses are paid personally by me from my PRIVATE accounts why should you ask that I declare those costs, its my business and no one elses. Many other fora accept donations but I dont know of one that publishes figures or donors!!

As admin of PuBS I appoint those persons I consider suitable as moderators, just as NOBS do on their forum - their "members" (in reality customers as they have no say in how it is run or managed) do not appoint moderators etc.

The whole point is that PuBS does not charge people for connecting shoots and people and works well.

Read some of the posts regarding NOBS on this and other fora and rethink your position, you may have found beating via NOBS but many others have not, many have not even received ANY communication at all.

You pays yer money - or not as the case may be.

So just to clarify, because you seem to contradict yourself so often:

Pubs is neither an organisation nor a limited company, but is made up on the base of members who have absolutely no say in who appoints the senior management. Nor will Pubs be absolutely transparent in how it is financed because it's "private". All the things you are so quick to accuse others of.

Nobs is a limited company with customers (your words). I am not aware of any limited company who's board and officers is chosen by it's customers. Are you really suggesting that every single company is wrong and you are right? How absurd.

I and many others have found beating, picking up and had a number of social events thanks to Nobs. Some have even become the keepers right hand man. :thumbs: I hear that Mr. Pubs himself got picking up and beating through Nobs. There is a resident vet who gives free advice. There are regular dog training days nationwide. If you get one little bit of free vet advice, or one days beating your money is repaid in an instant.

Things may have changed, people move on, but for a fiver Nobs represents extremely good value, and you will not have to put up with the management waging some crazy hate campaign.

Edited by The Gatekeeper

Nick why do you feel it is neccessery that everyone knows the in's and out's of NOBs financial situaition? do you have nothing better to do? If people wish to pay £5 to NOB's with the oppotunity to gain beating and picking up on some of the top sporting estatesin the country then surely it is upto them and not for you to put people off with all your drival and speal about there accounts when that is not really your issue with them is it? but the easiest and only way you know how to attack what is a very usful and constructive group of like minded people helping others and newcomers to our sport.

The Gatekeeper hasnt joine PuBS despite my invitation.

TOMNOBES

Have you ever wondered why you seem to be the lone voice supporting NOBS?

Why does none of their senior management answer the concerns expressed here?

Unless The Gatekeeper is one masquerading under yet another alias?

Many people have paid money, and far from getting beating on top estates, have heard zilch!!

In fact on many commercial shoots where I beat or pick up I cannot repeat the opinions expressed on NOBS performance in case I sully the delicate sensitivity of the members of THL forum.

Tom

Issues I have with NOBS

Corporate structure not made clear to people paying subscriptions, and accounts not freely available to those people, even those figures that are shown in their accounts do not give a detailed breakdown of income from subs, donbations, merchandise sales etc.

People raising concerns are not listened to and normally banned.

Paid up membership figure not available - the oft quoted membership of 9,500 + includes those who have never paid a subscription, this figure is therefore misleading when quoted to anyone becoming a NOBS supporter or buying advertising in newsletter.

Many people are NOT found positions on shoots and some do not even hear anything after paying.

I, like most people, have no real interest in the politics between NOBS and PuBS, the financial standing or management structures, but what I do know is that I paid my £5 to NOBS, registered my interest in beating, spoke to them at various Game Fairs re-ittereting my desire to 'get involved', and was told to 'keep trying'. One kindly soul told me to register with PuBS, guess what ? yep, I was offered my golden opportunity. Now that tells me something - shoots in my area either recruit through local contacts, or through PuBS. At the end of the day, either may help you, but you need to keep on looking for yourself as well.

Nice to know we helped you Hucky.

PuBS doesnt claim to be the only way to get on shoots, or shoots to fill vacancies, just affords a platform for people to connect. As a forum people do the work themselves and there is no need for a vast database or expensive computer hardware and software.

The drawback is we dont get a lot of feedback! What we do get is largely positive and on several shoots which I personally attend a quite high proportion of the beaters etc are sourced through PuBS, and it costs them absolutely NOTHING>

I ve heard of a tragic accident recently involving a member of NOBS. I hope their insurance deal covers such things.

http://www.eveningstar.co.uk/news/woman_shot_in_the_knee_1_267996

Best wishes for a speedy recovery to the poor lady.

We must all be conscious of gun safety, especially in view of recent events, and this is not the only incident in recent years which has happened whilst pigeon shooting. Please dont get lackadaisical over gun safety our future sport depends on maximising safety issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems that no one from NOBS Management is prepared to enter a debate about the organisation, its structure and how it is run!!

People slag me off then disappear - got used to that by now - especially when they hide behind cyber names!!

I suspect Tomnobes has been told not to rock the boat by posting as he has been looking at THL forum but no more replies to the points raised herein!

For every supporter and member there are many who joined NOBS and failed to renew after hearing nothing!

Seems that no one from NOBS Management is prepared to enter a debate about the organisation, its structure and how it is run!!

People slag me off then disappear - got used to that by now - especially when they hide behind cyber names!!

I suspect Tomnobes has been told not to rock the boat by posting as he has been looking at THL forum but no more replies to the points raised herein!

For every supporter and member there are many who joined NOBS and failed to renew after hearing nothing!

And still you carry on. You don't get you way and then everyone is your enemy. Nobs, Shooting Community.

People don't disappear, they just avoid YOU. Why can't you do something constructive with your life? if you have one of course or are you just going to be a bitter old twisted man for the rest of your days?

And still you carry on. You don't get you way and then everyone is your enemy. Nobs, Shooting Community.

People don't disappear, they just avoid YOU. Why can't you do something constructive with your life? if you have one of course or are you just going to be a bitter old twisted man for the rest of your days?

Your the bitter old twisted man Gatekeeper, i thought you'd have more constructive things to do like dish out speeding tickets or arresting Pedophiles. I was told they threw you off moderating the NOBS forum for causing trouble on other forums... Thats not a very good example for a boy in blue!!!

Your the bitter old twisted man Gatekeeper, i thought you'd have more constructive things to do like dish out speeding tickets or arresting Pedophiles. I was told they threw you off moderating the NOBS forum for causing trouble on other forums... Thats not a very good example for a boy in blue!!!

Just like pubs man, you have your facts WRONG!

ALL assumptions and WRONG ones too, that is why you and pubs man fit together so well. Maybe you are just ignorant to the facts or vindictive, I don't know, but it is one of them.

Tell me though, what is bitter about asking a person to live by the principles he demands right for others? Pubs do what they criticise in others.There are still no finances on pubs, he will keep some private, he bans members for asking questions. When he does what he demands of others then perhaps he will have some solid ground to talk from.

Just like pubs man, you have your facts WRONG!

ALL assumptions and WRONG ones too, that is why you and pubs man fit together so well. Maybe you are just ignorant to the facts or vindictive, I don't know, but it is one of them.

Tell me though, what is bitter about asking a person to live by the principles he demands right for others? Pubs do what they criticise in others.There are still no finances on pubs, he will keep some private, he bans members for asking questions. When he does what he demands of others then perhaps he will have some solid ground to talk from.

Why will they be accounts, he doesn't charge owt. But what Pubs and Nick does do is get results. Will many happy people finding beating and picking up last year and this coming season is also looking really good.

PUBS don't sell raffle tickets Nor do they ram there mechandise down the neck of anyone who attends there stands at shows. I personally think NOBS should be charged with obtaining money by deception as they have done jack shit to the majority of it's paid up members. Not suprising really when you've got Neil Dale running the show!!!! RIP NOBS

Nick i haven't disapered or been told not to rock the boat, as you may or may not be awear i am friends with some of the nobs "management" and they all work tirelessly and unpaid.

I am just a little fed up with replying to you and your continuel grumbelings about nobs and the way in which it is run if you don't like it don't be involved (sorry you couldn't even if you wanted) why can't you just leave us get on with what we do and carry on with your own little life and stop trying to belittle be people and there atempts to intruduce people to the joys of beating and picking up.

How many facts about membership would you like me to out befor you? would this make you shut up? or as previously stated do you not have anything else to worry about?

Are you sure it was a Nobs member involved in the incident mentioned?

tom