a good clean thread lads,did anyone ever visit the show at eec before the twats stopped it,was a great day out.

biggrin.gif Good stuff.

I'm interested in breeding Linnet cross Goldfinch next season, any one any experience in this hybid?

Not a very good cross mate they are poor color and are usually mad as hell better muleing with linnets or maybe pair one to a bullfinch and try your luck.

I agree most linnet crosses lack colour even when colour fed linnet hybrids dont colour up well.

The nicest one is by far the Linnet/Bullie especially if its a yellow cock bird.

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

KDR great photo's of your mules, love the photo's of the young starting to take the colour half way through the moult :thumbs

Hello Kev....

:bye: hia Dave..nice photo's paL

a good clean thread lads,did anyone ever visit the show at eec before the twats stopped it,was a great day out.

biggrin.gif Good stuff.

I'm interested in breeding Linnet cross Goldfinch next season, any one any experience in this hybid?

Not a very good cross mate they are poor color and are usually mad as hell better muleing with linnets or maybe pair one to a bullfinch and try your luck.

I agree most linnet crosses lack colour even when colour fed linnet hybrids dont colour up well.

The nicest one is by far the Linnet/Bullie especially if its a yellow cock bird.

I can't remember seeing one, have you any pics of this hybrid?

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

fabulious section trying to learn how get some pics up lads bred goldie redpolls this time little stunners also a few coloured mules been breeding mules and natives since 12 yrs old every breeding season ya never know what ya going ta get dont show my stock breed for songsters and colour schooling the birds and rearing his a very rewardingand i never seem to tire of doing this with my birds i also keep a pair of bull greys and work these to the stuff they were bred for times gone by there was plenty of dogging lads combined the two still a few who do and its good to here that old traditions die hard its the few youngsters coming through who have to take up where the older generation have left off when breeding for mules the old tecniques are stillthe way of getting results good luck for the 211season lads bunnys