thanks again for the comments all :thumbs: much appreciated,hunting is my main passion but british come a very close 2nd,there must be a few out there that combine the 2,i would like to see this section used more than it is,but if theres not many doing it then that wont happen :thumbdown: cmon fellas get some pics up of your mules any type,if not il have to keep boring you wi mine :victory:

Ferreting is top of my list and it suits me to concentrate on Natives from late February until September because I hunt for sport as opposed to pest control so it works out fine fine for me....

Here are a couple of photo's which I took at shows in Ireland they are not my birds unfortunately.

DSC00729-1.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

wicklowcbs016.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does everyone feed their mules?

i feed em the same mate,a good british finch mix plus plenty wildfoods and greens and at this time of year i rarely give hard seed as theres plenty free stuff about which the birds prefer :thumbs:

thanks again for the comments all :thumbs: much appreciated,hunting is my main passion but british come a very close 2nd,there must be a few out there that combine the 2,i would like to see this section used more than it is,but if theres not many doing it then that wont happen :thumbdown: cmon fellas get some pics up of your mules any type,if not il have to keep boring you wi mine :victory:

Ferreting is top of my list and it suits me to concentrate on Natives from late February until September because I hunt for sport as opposed to pest control so it works out fine fine for me....

Here are a couple of photo's which I took at shows in Ireland they are not my birds unfortunately.

DSC00729-1.jpg

DSC00728.jpg

wicklowcbs016.jpg

DSC01451.jpg

very nice birds,i do like the goldie x bully :notworthy:

This clear mule is one in a million, bred in Ireland by a man called Paddy Croke who passed it on to a man from Wales and when he showed it around the UK it won all before it including 2 best in show awards at the English national and one 2nd best in show at the same event the following year....

Waltersclearmule.jpg

a good clean thread lads,did anyone ever visit the show at eec before the twats stopped it,was a great day out.

biggrin.gif Good stuff.

I'm interested in breeding Linnet cross Goldfinch next season, any one any experience in this hybid?

Not a very good cross mate they are poor color and are usually mad as hell better muleing with linnets or maybe pair one to a bullfinch and try your luck.