bull crosses

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

i also don't think much to bull xs especially one that throw to the bull side i have seen a few descent but apart from fox what else are they good for not much in my opinion as a single handed huntin

well lets be honest a good bull x wont drop a fox when taking a bite they heel faster they try harder and a lot of lads like a bait up wich most bull x's would be happy to take part in true bull x men

if you want to kill a few fox a night then the the bull x is sound i see bull x's that do bunny's but what i'm saying is if you was hunting say first light for food so running the odd bunny hare and d

Posted Images

not moaning just wondering what the big obsession with bull crosses is ? everybody raves on about how good they are but iv never had chance to go out with one so i cant really say what i think of them ,, in looks i think i prefer the old types with out bull in but thats just my opinion . what advantes would a lets say 23" bull cross have over a 23" beddy cross ? thanks alot ,, replys would be appreciated :)

i am not to keen on the bull crosses if i had a choice out of the two i would choose the beddy cross every time, i think you get a better package with the beddy cross.

cheers for the replys lads not trying to start an argument and im sorry if it seem like i am,, i understand that they have more strength and properbly more drive but but i keep thinking to myself that unless youve got good fox ground then why have one ? they will over-kill rabbits especially if they are ran on fox aswell because this will make them hard mouthed will it not ?

And obviously taking fox is banned so why have a dog that is specifically bred to take them? its not like you can eat them but then again they do have to be controlled . surely a good dog with out bull in it could take fox if you came across them every now and then ?

i have nothing against taking fox and cant knock [NO TEXT TALK] does , i know the lads i go out with would do it ,, but theres non round here.

cheers for the replys lads not trying to start an argument and im sorry if it seem like i am,, i understand that they have more strength and properbly more drive but but i keep thinking to myself that unless youve got good fox ground then why have one ? they will over-kill rabbits especially if they are ran on fox aswell because this will make them hard mouthed will it not ?

And obviously taking fox is banned so why have a dog that is specifically bred to take them? its not like you can eat them but then again they do have to be controlled . surely a good dog with out bull in it could take fox if you came across them every now and then ?

i have nothing against taking fox and cant knock [NO TEXT TALK] does , i know the lads i go out with would do it ,, but theres non round here.

mate,iv had bull x in the past that can pick up the bunnies all night and still retrieve them live to hand even after they been started on the reds,but have also had them quite the opposite, which is ok if you like rabbit soup :thumbs:

not mad about them, was out while ago with a lad i now, and his bull was careful not to be bitten by charlie, went for the back end all the time.

careful, doesn't = no good,although i understand what you mean,comes as quite a shock to the dog when they back end them and old red turns and latches on,pre-ban days obviously :thumbs:

Edited by watchman
Guest stewie

not moaning just wondering what the big obsession with bull crosses is ? everybody raves on about how good they are but iv never had chance to go out with one so i cant really say what i think of them ,, in looks i think i prefer the old types with out bull in but thats just my opinion . what advantes would a lets say 23" bull cross have over a 23" beddy cross ? thanks alot ,, replys would be appreciated :)

go out with one and make your own opinion!! its obvious they will be stronger than a bedo cross but both crosses have advantages over the other so stupid really to compare them. i have both types and both hunt as good as each other but personally i prefer the bulls attitude to life and thats what sways me nothing to do with work tho!!

Photo0187.jpg

Photo0158.jpg

not believe everything ya read on here,there are bull xs out there capable of catching most things.here's two of mine retrieving RABBITS, yes rabbits bull xs can catch them :D ,the black one is a half x to :doh:

they cant be bullx hbg they are retrieving live rabbits acorrding to bullx law they are all hard mouthed brainless brutes :thumbs:

If you want just bunnies why not get a whippet! :feck: hourses for courses my arse! everyone get's the cross that better suits them for what type of quary they persue dont they? personly i wouldnt go out to buy a beddy whippet to catch foxes and harder stuff all night would i, poor fekr would be dead by the morning. each and everyone to theyre own i think. :boxing:

theres no big obsession with bull croosses. if you owned one you would realise why people are happy with them.the answer to your question is it depends on what your running and the individual dog.a night on the rabbits a good beddy cross would perform well and probably out turn the bull cross,this is presuming the bull is a half cross being 23".anything with teeth i would say the tables would be turned by the end of the night

Guest fence_hopper

If you want just bunnies why not get a whippet! :feck: HORSES FOR COURSES MY ARSE! everyone get's the cross that better suits them for what type of quary they persue dont they? personly i wouldnt go out to buy a beddy whippet to catch foxes and harder stuff all night would i, poor fekr would be dead by the morning. each and everyone to theyre own i think. :boxing:

Edited by fence_hopper