My first shoot.

Hi guys,

I booked a clay shooting lesson 2 months ago and all got canceld because of the rain. But today i final got to go and i thought it was great, im 14 and have never even picked up a shotgun before and today shot my first clay and started to get comfortable with it. My total score was 43/50 with no practice shots. The club i shot at was pretty impressed and said they would give proof that im capable of shooting if i apply for a license although im not old enough but im going again next month and am looking forward to it.

Shoulder is killing me but its all good.

Thanks. Airgunner106

PS. i was shooting with full size and also i have a question. Is it cheating if you close one eye because i find it easier and the instructor said dont close my eye. ( Still did and result=43/50 ).

its better to shoot with 2 eyes open but some people just cant. its to do with eye dominance and if your right or left handed. im guessing your left hand and right eye dom or right hand left eye dom.just keep getting lesssons and get shooting in safe controled envirenments

hi airgunner 106 are you left handed or right handed to find out if you are left eyed or right

point your finger at a spot on the wall and then close one eye and what ever one dose not move it your strongest eye , try and keep your two eyes open since you are only 14 ,i am left eyed and right handed so i have shooting glasses i put a patch over the left eye and my right eye pickets up so i can shoot with two eyes open hear have a look hope this helps

100_1639.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

dont give up so easy! it's better in the long run if u teach yourself to shoot with both eye's open. it may take time but dont get to cumfortable shooting with one eye closed. if after say 3 times out claying u dont find yourself improving with both eyes open. fair enough use one eye. but give it a really good go.

do all this in the knowlage that shooting should come naturally to you if u have done so well so early. so whatever you do - however you stand - sight - or hold your gun do it however feels the most comfortable to you!

goodluck buddy! keep the good scores rolling!!

• 3 months later...

the propa way all depends on your master eye. if you have a right master eye but your left handed then a closed eye could be needed. same for the opposite.

theres differant ways to not close your eye like the spot on the glasses above or have a easy hit bead installed.

and you would have found it easier as the targets which u would have shot would have been incoming clays or going away clays. this seems easier to close the eye as you are more or less pointing at the clay. once u get more succsessful in clay shooting and shoot harder targets. for example crossers. battues. rabbits ect ect both eyes open will help u read the line and judge the lead better.

good shooting tho [bANNED TEXT] keep it up.

if u wud have started at 9 and shooting like that u would have been a colt champion.

private mail me mate and we will have a private talk if u want :D its always better talking to young shooters. :D

the propa way all depends on your master eye. if you have a right master eye but your left handed then a closed eye could be needed. same for the opposite.

theres differant ways to not close your eye like the spot on the glasses above or have a easy hit bead installed.

and you would have found it easier as the targets which u would have shot would have been incoming clays or going away clays. this seems easier to close the eye as you are more or less pointing at the clay. once u get more succsessful in clay shooting and shoot harder targets. for example crossers. battues. rabbits ect ect both eyes open will help u read the line and judge the lead better.

good shooting tho [bANNED TEXT] keep it up.

if u wud have started at 9 and shooting like that u would have been a colt champion.

private mail me mate and we will have a private talk if u want :D its always better talking to young shooters. :D

Cheers mate thanks for all the help havent been on here in a while so i havent replyed and im still shooting and getting used to 2 eyes just getting comfortable with my shooting :)