what x makes the best lamping dog.???

What x makes the best lamping dog, for all quarry pre-ban.? Ive run bullxs,colliexs, bitzas, all did well on the quarry they were ran at. As most know i run a 1x colliexgrey Bryn now, and he as had great season caught loads of rabbits and will bust a gut to catch what in front of him. :thumbs: . My bullx was the same as Bryn give 100%.My bitza bitch(lurcher to lurcher)was a great catch dog as well :thumbs: .Having read few posts on here about differnt xs, and my own experience i think maybe a lurcher to lurcher might make the better lamp dog. :yes: . What do you lot think.?? :hmm:

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IL TELL YOU WHAT MAKES A GOOD LAMPING DOG A GOOD LAMPSMAN IVE RUN COLLIE CROSS/ LURCHERS /SALUKI FOR THE LAST 25YRS AND FOUND ALL DO THE JOB IF GIVEN A DECENT CHANCE BUT MY PREFERENCE IS SALUKI.THE

I'd go with Romany and Poach Ray, for me it would be Lurcher X Lurcher, with the only 'pedigree' being the work behind the lineage.

These days, the less I can see of any particular 'breed' in a dog, the more I like it.

Grafters born and bred.....! ;)

horses for courses again

i need a flying machine

your dog wouldnt catch on my spots, playing fields, golf courses that are lit up and walked over day and night.

I agree with you their i hunt similar land and need a sharp quik dog i had a collie/grey bitch some years ago and she just was not sharp enough for the rabbits around were i live but did well up in the dales i was told.

Its got to be lurcher to lurcher for me.Though i had a saluki/grey first cross that wernt bad .I have never had mutch luck with lurchers with a lot of greyhound in them ie 3 quarter breds.Though some make very good lampers.

My mate runs a colliexgreyx salukixgrey, and it is 9 years old, and it still can knock over 20-25 rabbits in a night.It as great stamina,good retriever and quick recovery rate.And it as stayed sound for years. Dont think you get will many lurchers that ( can+want to) do that amount of work at that age. So in my book this is what i would call a(very good x) as a lamping dog. :thumbs:

Its got to be lurcher to lurcher for me.Though i had a saluki/grey first cross that wernt bad .I have never had mutch luck with lurchers with a lot of greyhound in them ie 3 quarter breds.Though some make very good lampers.

My mate runs a colliexgreyx salukixgrey, and it is 9 years old, and it still can knock over 20-25 rabbits in a night.It as great stamina,good retriever and quick recovery rate.And it as stayed sound for years. Dont think you get will many lurchers that ( can+want to) do that amount of work at that age. So in my book this is what i would call a(very good x) as a lamping dog. :thumbs:

f**k yous english f**k pots

:laugh: Thats very Irish of you Sandy, thanks :clapper:

My mate runs a colliexgreyx salukixgrey, and it is 9 years old, and it still can knock over 20-25 rabbits in a night.It as great stamina,good retriever and quick recovery rate.And it as stayed sound for years. Dont think you get will many lurchers that ( can+want to) do that amount of work at that age. So in my book this is what i would call a(very good x) as a lamping dog. thumbs.gif

It is a good cross bird.A dog that i owned some years back that was to be used mainly for coursing brown and blue hares turned out a decent lamp dog [bANNED TEXT] tried and he was out of a 3quarter grey/collie back to a pure saluki thumbs.gif

f**k yous english f**k pots

YOU WANT TO LEAVE THE BEER ALONE :laugh::yes: