what x makes the best lamping dog.???

Its got to be lurcher to lurcher for me.Though i had a saluki/grey first cross that wernt bad .I have never had mutch luck with lurchers with a lot of greyhound in them ie 3 quarter breds.Though some make very good lampers.

My mate runs a colliexgreyx salukixgrey, and it is 9 years old, and it still can knock over 20-25 rabbits in a night.It as great stamina,good retriever and quick recovery rate.And it as stayed sound for years. Dont think you get will many lurchers that ( can+want to) do that amount of work at that age. So in my book this is what i would call a(very good x) as a lamping dog. :thumbs:

f**k yous english f**k pots

Tetty eating guiness drinking tw*t

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

IL TELL YOU WHAT MAKES A GOOD LAMPING DOG A GOOD LAMPSMAN IVE RUN COLLIE CROSS/ LURCHERS /SALUKI FOR THE LAST 25YRS AND FOUND ALL DO THE JOB IF GIVEN A DECENT CHANCE BUT MY PREFERENCE IS SALUKI.THE

Its got to be lurcher to lurcher for me.Though i had a saluki/grey first cross that wernt bad .I have never had mutch luck with lurchers with a lot of greyhound in them ie 3 quarter breds.Though some make very good lampers.

My mate runs a colliexgreyx salukixgrey, and it is 9 years old, and it still can knock over 20-25 rabbits in a night.It as great stamina,good retriever and quick recovery rate.And it as stayed sound for years. Dont think you get will many lurchers that ( can+want to) do that amount of work at that age. So in my book this is what i would call a(very good x) as a lamping dog. :thumbs:

YOU WANT TO LEAVE THE BEER ALONE :laugh::yes:

lol 85% of people on here bird are :wankerzo4: most or them are arm chair hunters you cant even ask a simple question with people saying sumet cocky..

YOU WANT TO LEAVE THE BEER ALONE :laugh::yes:

lol 85% of people on here bird are :wankerzo4: most or them are arm chair hunters you cant even ask a simple question with people saying sumet cocky..

i agree pal

Whin will be along soon to tell you wats the best lurcher for lampinglaugh.gif

I would say a mixture of beddy/grey x collie/grey with maybe a touch of deerhound :whistling: Think that bitch of yours still holds the record mate,night time,the other bitch definatly holds the daytime,some proper idiots on here.

for me its suluki type lurchers but have seen some good lurcher to lurcher types,bedlinton types,deer hound types etc.i think the question you should be asking is [what type running dog as the best success rate] as in what cross makes the grade more atb.

horses for courses again

i need a flying machine

your dog wouldnt catch on my spots, playing fields, golf courses that are lit up and walked over day and night.

I agree with you their i hunt similar land and need a sharp quik dog i had a collie/grey bitch some years ago and she just was not sharp enough for the rabbits around were i live but did well up in the dales i was told.

thats like my dog she strugles on small fields and golf courses but does well up the dales and in bigger fields.

think youve answerd the question with your mates dog bird :thumbs:

but as for what x i think it is more down to the individual dog and the owner(conditioning,training etc)

that dog sounds a topper by the way to still be doing them numbers at that age,would like to have seen him in his prime :thumbs:

think youve answerd the question with your mates dog :thumbs: bird :thumbs:

but as for what x i think it is more down to the individual dog and the owner(conditioning,training etc)

that dog sounds a topper by the way to still be doing them numbers at that age,would like to have seen him in his prime :thumbs:lurcher to lurcher Brill

snipe 9 years old still doing it.?

11-1.jpg

m5-1.jpg

n2-1.jpg

post-6933-1253703417brynsbestnig-1.jpg

n9-1.jpg

n4-1.jpg