Hawke scopes good any good????

Hi there i am looking foe a scope for my new t3 223. I saw this one in my local gun shop but do any of you rate hawke scopes. I know any of you could give me a list as long as your arm of good quality scopes but remember i am on a tight budget or if any one can recommend a better one same price range that would be great.

Im not sure how to get the info on the scope on to this so i will just paste the text. Hope you can the specs of it.

Many Thanks

Hawke Nite-Eye 4-16 x 50 AO IR Centre Illuminated 30/30 reticle Telescopic Sight

Be the first to review this product

Availability: In stock.

€ 149.00

Add Items to Cart Qty: Add to Cart

* Add to Wishlist

* Add to Compare

Quick Overview

Features: Fully multi-coated CLS (crystal lens system). Waterproof, shockproof, fogproof. Sunshades available. (AO models only). 11 position brightness control. 1" Matt black body tube. Fast focus eyebell. Spring gun rated. Hawke 10yr warranty. Hawke Nite-Eye 3-10 x 44 IR Illuminated 30/30 reticle Telescopic Sight ( Scope ) The 3-10 x 44 with its adjustable illuminated reticle is particularly suited to low light shooting and lamping

* Product Description

* Additional Information

* Product Tags

Model: HK3314-NE

Finish: matt

Power Obj (mm): 4-16x50

Reticle: 30/30 IR

FOV(@100m): 10.2-2.53

Tube Dia (in/mm): 1/25.4

Weight g: 613

Length mm: 365

Eye Relief mm: 82

Exit Pupil (mm): NA

Click Value (in@100yds): 1/4"

Adj. Range (in@100yrds / mm@100m): NA

Mount Length (in/mm): NA

Adjustable parallax: yes

Turret Type: standard

Price (Inc Vat @ 21%) € 149.00

Add Your Tags:

Add Tags

Use spaces to separate tags. Use single quotes (') for phrases.

http://www.sportsden.ie/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/h/a/hawkeniteeye4-16x50.jpg

Edited by peejay

Yeah there good scopes but i wouldn't put one on my .223 i would go for a millet,nikon,schmidt bender or zeiss that's if you have a bit to spend and depending on what you want it for how much you got to spend????? or a low budget scope would be a nikko stirling :thumbs:

Hi there i am looking foe a scope for my new t3 223. I saw this one in my local gun shop but do any of you rate hawke scopes. I know any of you could give me a list as long as your arm of good quality scopes but remember i am on a tight budget or if any one can recommend a better one same price range that would be great.

Im not sure how to get the info on the scope on to this so i will just paste the text. Hope you can the specs of it.

Many Thanks

Hawke Nite-Eye 4-16 x 50 AO IR Centre Illuminated 30/30 reticle Telescopic Sight

€ 149.00

* Add to Wishlist

* Add to Compare

Quick Overview

Features: Fully multi-coated CLS (crystal lens system). Waterproof, shockproof, fogproof. Sunshades available. (AO models only). 11 position brightness control. 1" Matt black body tube. Fast focus eyebell. Spring gun rated. Hawke 10yr warranty. Hawke Nite-Eye 3-10 x 44 IR Illuminated 30/30 reticle Telescopic Sight ( Scope ) The 3-10 x 44 with its adjustable illuminated reticle is particularly suited to low light shooting and lamping

* Product Description

* Additional Information

* Product Tags

Add Your Tags:

Add Tags

http://www.sportsden.ie/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/5e06319eda06f020e43594a9c230972d/h/a/hawkeniteeye4-16x50.jpg

This model is OK and if you are on a budget will certainly do you for the time being..or longer!!

Personally I don't like this reticle and I wouldn't waste my money on an illiminated ret either! :thumbs:

how do mate i wouldnt put that scope on a223 as after a while you will be shelling out for a new scope due to vibration these are ok for smaller calibres or to get you buy till you can afford a little more ive got those on my 22lr and similar on my bsa hornet 22 ive got a tikka t3 22/250 and i use the hawke endurance with 30mm tubes better build qulaity and suposidly ment for the larger calibre guns shock proof ? so they say i have no issues with them but i wouldnt go for an illuminated reticle i find this very off putting when scoping at night and just not worth extra money you pay for it. ps my endurance scopes are 2.5-10x56 i payed 260 for them check out deben catologue they were in it for about 250 i think ? not sure but all the best mate but it is true you pay for what you get :thumbs:

you get what you pay for is what i ment

Edited by willum

Many Thanks

€ 149.00

* Add to Wishlist

* Add to Compare

Quick Overview

* Product Description

* Additional Information

* Product Tags

Add Your Tags:

Add Tags

This model is OK and if you are on a budget will certainly do you for the time being..or longer!!

Personally I don't like this reticle and I wouldn't waste my money on an illiminated ret either! :thumbs:

Thanks deker.

Why dont you like the illuminated ret??? Maby im doing to much reading on line I thought it was a good feature.

please tell, you could save me some very scarce €€€€€s

how do mate i wouldnt put that scope on a223 as after a while you will be shelling out for a new scope due to vibration these are ok for smaller calibres or to get you buy till you can afford a little more ive got those on my 22lr and similar on my bsa hornet 22 ive got a tikka t3 22/250 and i use the hawke endurance with 30mm tubes better build qulaity and suposidly ment for the larger calibre guns shock proof ? so they say i have no issues with them but i wouldnt go for an illuminated reticle i find this very off putting when scoping at night and just not worth extra money you pay for it. ps my endurance scopes are 2.5-10x56 i payed 260 for them check out deben catologue they were in it for about 250 i think ? not sure but all the best mate but it is true you pay for what you get :thumbs:

you get what you pay for is what i ment

Thanks willum!!! :thumbs:

Many Thanks

€ 149.00

* Add to Wishlist

* Add to Compare

Quick Overview

* Product Description

* Additional Information

* Product Tags

Add Your Tags:

Add Tags

http://www.sportsden...eeye4-16x50.jpg

Personally I don't like this reticle and I wouldn't waste my money on an illiminated ret either! thumbs.gif

Thanks deker.

Why dont you like the illuminated ret??? Maby im doing to much reading on line I thought it was a good feature.

Don't waste your money, dreadful scope, a far better option would be the opti-mate or opti-too from edgar brothers. Similar sort of money but more reliable scopes. IR reticles are just a gimmick unless you want to shoot things from trees at night without lightwhistling.gif

Many Thanks

€ 149.00

* Add to Wishlist

* Add to Compare

Quick Overview

* Product Description

* Additional Information

* Product Tags

Add Your Tags:

Add Tags

Thanks deker.

I have 2 scopes with IR, don't remember the last time I turned either of them on.

If it's light enough I don't need it, if it isn't I use the lamp!!

Some may like them, I would be interested to hear why, but from my point of view a waste of time and money.