deerhound crosses

dan im afraid the stag hound of america is miles better than the scottish deerhound we have or the deerhound lurcher we have for sure i dont no a real deal hunting poaching guy who keeps deerhound lurchers nowadays ,last one i saw was andy baron cross many years ago, after ten years every year hunting in the states , and seeing staghounds and saluki crosses i know were my money is on good dogs ,most people hear play at being hunters but there some that dont , alas none keep the scottish deerhound cross as well there not realy up to the job like the coyote hound stag hound is ,cant remeber the last time i saw a deerhound cross in a coursing comp , or even in the hands of good knowlegble hunting guys nowadays ,the saluki cross and the terrier crosses are the main hunting dogs in the uk , with the odd die hard collie cross, the deerhounds i saw run in my early teens etc are miles away from the dogs that are about now ,and so are the guys that ran them , ive saw several deerhounds crosses here not in the same class as the stag hounds over your way, my old mate has some tidy staghounds bred fromben hardaways dogs they can run ajack and if the get the chance take acoyote ,i ve yet to see a good deerhound cross genuine one for years, we havent got them like youse over there , the top dogs over here are saluki crosses terrier crosses and some collie types , the rest are second rate for catching all sorts of qaurry or coursing comps im afraid

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whin thinks he's the only man to have ever hunted "a few beasties" I'll wait for for a post now that will be illiterate,patronising and

To the great wise one WHIN ...just because you dont know about decent deerhound saturated lurchers doesnt mean they are not out there .....I have a 3/4 deer/grey who is very much past her best at 9 bu

I will take up that challange WHIN and im not far away from you ...I will bring with me a 4 year old 3/8 deerhound x that I know wont let me down and will handle anything you put in front of him anyth

Posted Images

ps i was at a lurcher show in morpeth and they had a deerhoundy class there was only three dogs worth keeping with bone and substance one a guy from berwick shamus he had straw coulored dog a horse trainer who had a well coupled dog she one the class, and an other ,but the rest were thin knecked show bred , shame realy im glad ive spent many a winters day in the states with coyote hounds to give judgment on there working ability ,compared to our scottish deerhound crosses , there a place in nebraska called loumis they have a staghound event every year in october i think full of coyote hunters staghound men woman etc ,dan in the uk we lost the good stag hounds deerhounds by the early ninties only a few have tried to keep the breed going ,shame realy it was the type of dog we ran in our part of scotland on the hares until the saluks came along etc ,

dan im afraid the stag hound of america is miles better than the scottish deerhound we have or the deerhound lurcher we have for sure i dont no a real deal hunting poaching guy who keeps deerhound lurchers nowadays ,last one i saw was andy baron cross many years ago, after ten years every year hunting in the states , and seeing staghounds and saluki crosses i know were my money is on good dogs ,most people hear play at being hunters but there some that dont , alas none keep the scottish deerhound cross as well there not realy up to the job like the coyote hound stag hound is ,cant remeber the last time i saw a deerhound cross in a coursing comp , or even in the hands of good knowlegble hunting guys nowadays ,the saluki cross and the terrier crosses are the main hunting dogs in the uk , with the odd die hard collie cross, the deerhounds i saw run in my early teens etc are miles away from the dogs that are about now ,and so are the guys that ran them , ive saw several deerhounds crosses here not in the same class as the stag hounds over your way, my old mate has some tidy staghounds bred fromben hardaways dogs they can run ajack and if the get the chance take acoyote ,i ve yet to see a good deerhound cross genuine one for years, we havent got them like youse over there , the top dogs over here are saluki crosses terrier crosses and some collie types , the rest are second rate for catching all sorts of qaurry or coursing comps im afraid

Whin your welcome to come and have a look at my deerhound x run next season. no way is she second rate, im not just saying that becuase she is mine. ive seen many different types of lurchers run and to be honest the deerhound x has shone through the lot of them, im not saying that other crosses are no good (far from it) just my prefured x now thats all

mate had deeroud crosses 25 years ago and up to the late eighties , thye havent the wind were we hunt or the turning ability ,the bigger ones , compared to the american staghound our dogs are poor honestly , i have plenty places to go sh 8 bring her up to scotland were the came from ,see how they do on the big land on big nites , if they do well fine but be a first for a long time ,once the stubbles are cut come up weel drive afew miles see how they fair to the saluk crosses , or we can walk a good few miles see how they last , the reason i keep the dogs i keep sh cause the deerhounds over here didnt have enough wind , to run feild after feild some nites ,unles yours has saluki feet and stamina theyl do no better than arun of the mill collie cross mate or terrier cross , if she does well take my hat of to you cause there getting rarer the good deerhound genuine ones that can run on a bit

so how many derhound crosses you saw and worked how many good saluk types have you saw and woorked how many top class lurchers you saw and worked mate and how long have you being working dogs , to say she is top class

im too busy down here mate with the hunters paradise but your more than welcome to come down here and watch her run the big fields. bristol tim seen her run friday day time and fir a 9 month old pup she shocked me in all fairness

so shees capable of retreiving all tha gets up sh 8 single handed she must be agood oneplus run a bit maybe 8 miles in a nite ,over a good nite chaseing qaurry in between breathers , mate id i thought the deerhound was the way forward for me i would have them again , the only real deals ive saw were staghound types in the states do 3 minutes on agood hare and plus catch a coyote not saw any derhound croses here with reql running wind for along time but there will be some surly

ye if you have decent land ill bring a dog or two down , youre poor deerhound wouldnt last up here mate being honest or i would have them only saluk stamina and the odd other cross colie or terrier but few nowadays ,be nice to see a good deerhound cross , years since i saw one in the uk worth the title as agood allround dog b god to see her once the stubbles cut next season ill come down everything in young now , leave them to the summer hunters etc

i walk to but were we are to get to feild after feild you have to drive as alot of feilds dont hold game and if im out on a big nite you have to put the miles in to catch the game some nites ,be nice to see your pictures i have lots of deerhoundy types pics etc from away back , and now , from the states ,looking forward to seeing this good dog you have mate

sho8 have you ever seen a realgood dog mate and im being honest ,i have been lucky to own some good ones ,can you offer me plenty game cause im not comeing down for a laugh mate , im there to hunt,mate ive got plenty to go at and he knowledge t go at it hope your not wasting my time pal

hopefully cause im no messer ill bring a mate and we shall see how these good deerhounds run and ill give you decent comment ,be a good crack if your a genuine guy and not a messer ,cheers but the main thing is your dog and the deerhound cross ,