deerhound crosses

its not going any were , it dont need to , but the only way ive bred dogs is to test them for a few years and give a few to family and odd mate the rest sell to vetted people, but only ever bred of dogs treid and tested thats they way we were brought up on the game ,and youonly bred of them when you are satisfied they have the nessary qaulities , a lot of the big ungainly deerhounds nowadays are miles apart from a good stag hound balance wise its a pity as the SCOTISH deerhound was a good dog,even the greyhounds ive had give them aseason and then if they run well and dont break up to much and catch well etc then there worth breeding ,

• Replies 149
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Whin thinks he's the only man to have ever hunted "a few beasties" I'll wait for for a post now that will be illiterate,patronising and

To the great wise one WHIN ...just because you dont know about decent deerhound saturated lurchers doesnt mean they are not out there .....I have a 3/4 deer/grey who is very much past her best at 9 bu

I will take up that challange WHIN and im not far away from you ...I will bring with me a 4 year old 3/8 deerhound x that I know wont let me down and will handle anything you put in front of him anyth

Posted Images

jonny i have freinds in aberdare who come up for a hunt guys who i have known for a decade or more and my other mates have new them for twenty plus they have had good sport up here ,what part of wales do you come from

jonny i have freinds in aberdare who come up for a hunt guys who i have known for a decade or more and my other mates have new them for twenty plus they have had good sport up here ,what part of wales do you come from

Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwyll-llantysiliogogogoch

you dont need a big lumbering dog at 32 inches , thtas why i dont have them the best dogs ive had were 25 to 28 inches ,well balanced and got the [bANNED TEXT] stamp to run what height is your bitch and what or how is she bred ,is she a genuine derhound cross or lurcher to lurcher ,ye there uses for abig dog 28 plus on the grouse moors for sure my mates always asking me if i se any good deerhound crosses for his job stalking ,terrier work , pest control , we had one years ago agood dog , hees treid the bull cross salukis have not got the coat for standing about waiting for terriers, plus he is a scotsman a good big dog would suit him but with the [bANNED TEXT] attitude stamina and constituition , as hees out all the time

pretty clever jonny ,most of the good lads ive met were round the aberdare area etc , they enjoy there self up here and are pretty expierenced hunting guys , do alot of denning and help the keepers ,and a bit of stalking fishing , you know any good guys from that area

you dont need a big lumbering dog at 32 inches , thtas why i dont have them the best dogs ive had were 25 to 28 inches ,well balanced and got the [bANNED TEXT] stamp to run what height is your bitch and what or how is she bred ,is she a genuine derhound cross or lurcher to lurcher ,ye there uses for abig dog 28 plus on the grouse moors for sure my mates always asking me if i se any good deerhound crosses for his job stalking ,terrier work , pest control , we had one years ago agood dog , hees treid the bull cross salukis have not got the coat for standing about waiting for terriers, plus he is a scotsman a good big dog would suit him but with the [bANNED TEXT] attitude stamina and constituition , as hees out all the time

Whin do you talk that much crap that you cant remember what you've said :wallbash: You had a conversation with sh08 yesterday and he told you the breeding!!

• Like 1

pretty clever jonny ,most of the good lads ive met were round the aberdare area etc , they enjoy there self up here and are pretty expierenced hunting guys , do alot of denning and help the keepers ,and a bit of stalking fishing , you know any good guys from that area

I suppose i'm lucky to know good guys from all over....not as lucky as you though i dont know anybody in america :thumbs:

ye a deerhound lurcher forgot mate, not talking crap i know a good dog man from wales , you maybe no him david loyd he keeps a few good dogs seems a genuine hunting guy do youse no him , so what you running on your self you keep deerhound types ,

ye america is good for dog s and allround hunting so is northern spain ,madrid but ive spent alot of time over the pond hunting ,saw some good staghounds saluks and saluki cross cunninham greyhounds etc ,nosaw many bull crosses as its big land so you need running wind in most places never saw many whippets ,i fancied doing atour maybe three months hunting mostof the states that would be areal holiday startin in nebraska minnesota and work your way down be good crack

i dont no him personaly ,but he seems to no all youse guys and speaks highly of use as dog men ,im not saying anything ,bad or untowards ,when are you sh o8 for a run i have permision so you wont need to poach game weel go on your permision and ill take you out on mines youll get good sport , cant be any fairer than that, ps whatever you and david loyd have said about each other etc doesnt bother me as long as you walk the walk and are a ral deal hunting guy ,and a good game carrier

Whin, you seem a well educated person when it comes to hunting with dogs. I have also noticed with you that you do not praise many dogs that have been posted on here. Thats a good thing in my books, shows that you have the eye and that you post only quality no quantity.

How i see it is like this, you talk about big stuff, ok so deer is on the agender, yes? What i like to see in a dog that would of taken deer is strong shoulders, neck and jaw, this way the deer doesnt drag the dog all over the place like a kite (Hope your reading this Yote Dan Edwards) :thumbs: There are plenty deerhound crosses built this way, i have 2 that are Whin.

You dont have to go all over the world in 80 days to see this. Yes Dan the Man has quality dogs, built for the game he hunts. Whin if you came over this way of the world, id kindly show you some dogs that your bottom lip will drag on the floor :clapper: Mine did! They are called underground dogs. All with deerhound, saluki,and collie mixtures, to make that perfect pie! :thumbs:

Edited by artic

were are you about mate i would come over no problem if i thought i could see genuine running dogs with a bit of class about them , what area are you in , to me they sound like a good cross something you cant get with just a first cross deerhound greyhound at times , so what are they called deerhound lurchers or collie deerhound , or saluki deerhounds ,or staghounds