ELECTRONIC FOX CALLERS

see a few reviews regarding these callers what are they like ? u caller do a couple

and there are several more on go some of which you can down load the calls ,not just for fox either

are they worth the 40 to 100 quid ? if so is it legal to use these for control of predators as ive noticed a few say for photography only ?

cheers for your input

This may be a simpler idea for you:

1. Get one of your old mobile phones.
  2. Get a pay as you go sim card for it.
  3. Load various mp3 fox calls on to it
  4. Set one of them as you ring tone
  5. Check with the service provder what code you need to key into the phone to turn off the voicemail.
  6. Cover the screen how ever you choose to stop it lighting up when you phone it.
  7. Hey presto you have a remote control fox caller to use at what ever distance you want

Should only cost you the top-up card.

Try leaving some bait next to it also

Hope this helps.

Edited by dave1372

see a few reviews regarding these callers what are they like ? u caller do a couple

and there are several more on go some of which you can down load the calls ,not just for fox either

are they worth the 40 to 100 quid ? if so is it legal to use these for control of predators as ive noticed a few say for photography only ?

cheers for your input

If i am reading your post correct, you talk about calls for LAMP SHY foxes...

If the fox is lamp shy its the light that it associates DANGER with, so it wont matter which call you use, it will be long gone when it sees the light flashing around. :hmm::hmm::hmm:

like you say is it lamp shy or the sqeaking

im in 2 minds but once it buggers of with the squeak then the lamp who knows

thru experience once you ve missed a fox with a squeak then lamp its only the

different sounds what brings it in (with out been stupid with the lamp )? so what is your theory on missed foxes ?

like you say is it lamp shy or the sqeaking

im in 2 minds but once it buggers of with the squeak then the lamp who knows

thru experience once you ve missed a fox with a squeak then lamp its only the

different sounds what brings it in (with out been stupid with the lamp )? so what is your theory on missed foxes ?

Once you shoot at a fox and miss it, you will have to be lucky to get another go at it at a later date, unless you have come upon by chance, ie: no squeeking or lamp used.

If you squeek a fox during the day lets say and you shoot and miss, this will not affect you to lamp the same fox, but the minute you squeek its well gone, vice versa if you lamp a fox and shoot but miss as soon as the lamp hits it again it will be long gone.

Best way to get these ones that are lamp or squeek shy, is to set up a bait station at your desired shooting range and sit tight and wait best done around an hour before darkness, best way to bait them is an out of date chicken from tesco asda etc.

wrap it in some chicken wire and secure hanging on a fence post tree or telegraph pole, make sure its fox proof, this will keep it where you want it, set it and leave it for a few days then go and sit out, by this time it will be rancied and every fox in the area will be over for a look, or you can use dead lambs at this time of the year as there will be a few the farmer will let you have, same method as the chicken.

If u have the cash the foxpro FX3 is the business iv had one for almost 4 years and its awesome, re-programmable, remote operated and a clear loud sound it pisses all over by mates U-call and all other electronic ones i've heard.

Yes I have the Foxpro Scorpion and cant rate it highly enough. I shoot mainly with N/V but in the past did have the odd fox that would not come towards my truck as it associated the vehicle with bad news. Now I put the caller out about 150 yards at right angles to my truck and foxes feel more comfortable going towards a blank hedge. The Foxpro apart from being remote is useful insomuch as you can remotely change the sound and also change the volume down when a fox is close.

Problem is that this technology comes at a price - but hey some of you young 'uns spend this sort of money down the clubs in a month :whistling: