Richter Optiks 6-24 x 50 AO-E Scope

Very clear glass in them BUT they are prone to losing zero and sometimes you cant get them to zero at all if they have had a slight bump or been fired on a heavy rifle.

Depends on what you want to fit it to.

I'd probably pick a Hawke scope in that price range they seem to be a bit better.

This is only my opinion though I'm sure others will probably disagree with me

Jos

Ive got one on my .17 HMR, i find it pretty good for the cost, it gets a little "misty" at the top range of zoom. Although i would say it seems very good value... not sure if id use it on a centre fire tho.

IMO - i think, that scopes in that price range are going to be around the same quality optic wise, unless you could find a used old Japanese Tasco with similar spec except the IR reticle. - the quality of the glass on them is very good for a budget scope.

Cheers

I've not seriously looked at these for years, but I seem to recall having one a long time ago which was perfectly adequate, but overpriced at the time, and VERY heavy, that is perhaps a bit of ancient history which may or may not be relevant today!!

they are still heavy deker.....compared to others

decent scope fot the money mind, eye releif is poor on some models.

also have a look at the JSR range of scopes.......( j s ramsbottom)

exceptional scopes for the money (internally)

but for sub £100.....your not going to get anything outstanding.

cheers

sean

my brother has the same scope on his .17 hmr.

i find it narrow viewed(even on lower mag) which can make target aquisition difficult.the illuminated recticle is a little bright(over glare) only relevant for night shooting without the lamp.

other than that no problems at all,keeps zero,crisp ajustment,very nice,fine crosshairs :thumbs:

i think we got it for 45-50 quid used but in very good nick with mounts :thumbs:

waidmann.

i have a simmons whitetail 3.5-10 x50mm on my .22 which costs around the same i think???

depending on how and what you shoot.

waidmann

litteraly 2minutes away pal. how much did you pay for it?

by the way there only going on a sub 12ft/lb falcon fn19 lads. i'm only after a half decent scope.

i do quite a bit of low light shooting and lamping. i do however need a scope that can take a bit of rough and tumble as i can be a clumsy f****r at times :icon_redface:

i would have a look at the simmons 3.5-10 x50mm at 3.5 good for closer stuff(rats,ferrals etc)

and at 10x there is lots of bunny in the scope at 30 yards :thumbs:

i would b interested how you decide bud.

atb

waidmann

well i have got a 6-24-50 jsr scope on my .22 rimmy i think there about £100 with mounts but you can get the lower magnification model but i keep it on 6x, i have dropped my rifle 3 times onto the scope and it has never lost zero so i think its a good buy.