Depends on your definition of a "guard dog", if you require something to get territorial in the yard then a lot of breeds will perform the task, if you want something trainable and sociable too then I prefer a well bred Shepherd or rottie............Currently I have a Shepherd from imported stock looking after my house and kennels but when he passes i'll get a male rottie from European lines......

Depends on your definition of a "guard dog", if you require something to get territorial in the yard then a lot of breeds will perform the task, if you want something trainable and sociable too then I prefer a well bred Shepherd or rottie............Currently I have a Shepherd from imported stock looking after my house and kennels but when he passes i'll get a male rottie from European lines......

You got a pic of it mate?

You got a pic of it mate?

I'll try and download one tomorrow off the other halfs camera........

Would agree with Simon.......I have a well bred GSD, who learnt the trade by herself. She sleeps with the lurcher, and looks after the house and yard whilst we are away.....

When we're home, she plays with the kids..no problem.

Just feed, love and care.............the rest is natural.thumbs.gif

FLEABIT.jpg

I like GSD's but is there any decent breeders who breed for work instead of crufts in the UK? I'm moving house soon and the garden is quite large the house backs onto a park so I'm looking for a guard dog to protect shed and property.

I got mine from the neighbour who breeds for the police, amongst others. She has breeding stock of about 15, they are top dollar.

I got mine at mates rates for £600?

She doesn't advertise and is always sold out, we only got ours because someone was made redundant and couldn't afford the balance of payment.. And I needed one to sleep with the lurcher as protector and companion during the day.

If you come to our house......or the neighbours...(shared drive).....The cacophony of noise from the animals is unbelievable. There is no doubt as to their intent.

If you want to go in my neighbours house, you hoot the horn, and wait for them to come get you.yes.gif

Same as my own. You just wouldnt come in to my house with the noise and impression she gave you. The look in her eyes alone would put you off.....

I got mine from the neighbour who breeds for the police, amongst others. She has breeding stock of about 15, they are top dollar.

I got mine at mates rates for £600?

She doesn't advertise and is always sold out, we only got ours because someone was made redundant and couldn't afford the balance of payment.. And I needed one to sleep with the lurcher as protector and companion during the day.

If you come to our house......or the neighbours...(shared drive).....The cacophony of noise from the animals is unbelievable. There is no doubt as to their intent.

If you want to go in my neighbours house, you hoot the horn, and wait for them to come get you.yes.gif

Same as my own. You just wouldnt come in to my house with the noise and impression she gave you. The look in her eyes alone would put you off.....

Put pic up of her. :thumbs: