is kulling unwanted kits more responsible?

'masmiffy' date='04 April 2010 - 08:30 AM' timestamp='1270366200' post='1511445']

Perhaps the ferret rescue places that 'abound' all over the country :whistling: should have a register of all the available vasectomised hobs for people to 'borrow' when they need them?

Or have a stock of vasectomised hobs they could offer themselves?

Without trawling threw pages and pages wasn't it Wullieh who said passing about a snipped had could pass a std ????

Hey 'the one' how about us inventing ferret condoms!

Stop std's and also wouldnt need a vasectomised hob!

Feck I am off down the patent office tomorrow :whistling::whistling:

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

This question will always polarise and cause arguments, it doesn't do us any favours.   It happens and it's happened for years, what a person does with their own stock is their own concern.   Ho

Folk are against us because we kill bunnies.I can't understand the mentality of folk who will happily kill rabbits all day long, but bleat about somebody killing a few new born hobs on welfare grounds

LOOK some do some don't simple as that, it's you who has to make the moral and ethical choice so to hell with anybodies opinion. Personally I only breed every couple of years or so just to replenish m

To say that the working ability of of all ferrets is the same, is simply not true. I've kept ferrets for 50yrs, some are skittish, nippy and untameable, some are indifferent when it comes to work.If you're working rat, the differences are even more apparent, some good rabbit strains are useless for rats, they either don't want to know or go off the idea after a few attempts. A good working strain that works what you want, the way you want, is priceless.

So you say the instinct to work isn't the same in all ferrets. Mind, from what you've said, that seems to be more to do with the temperament of the ferret.

You would still need a vas hob as i have seen nutered ferets mount jills and Fcuk them stupid but in the end they are still left in season, so even though they a neutered thy must be somthing that goes on to take the jill out of season.

And why not just use one of your own condoms ....lol

To say that the working ability of of all ferrets is the same, is simply not true. I've kept ferrets for 50yrs, some are skittish, nippy and untameable, some are indifferent when it comes to work.If you're working rat, the differences are even more apparent, some good rabbit strains are useless for rats, they either don't want to know or go off the idea after a few attempts. A good working strain that works what you want, the way you want, is priceless.

So you say the instinct to work isn't the same in all ferrets. Mind, from what you've said, that seems to be more to do with the temperament of the ferret.

Hey droid have I ever told you this very same thing? Totally agree romany52 we have a similar amount of knowledge making 100yrs between us of keeping/working ferrets,I predict this thread will deteriate from here on due to droid believing that (a)all ferrets will work and(B) you cant breed for work because there isnt a gene for it :tongue2:

Y.I.S Leeview

You would still need a vas hob as i have seen nutered ferets mount jills and Fcuk them stupid but in the end they are still left in season, so even though they a neutered thy must be somthing that goes on to take the jill out of season.

wullie Ive had a castrated hob that would mount jills in season and take them out of season and regular as clockwork they would be back in season 8weeks later

Y.I.S Leeview

wullie Ive had a castrated hob that would mount jills in season and take them out of season and regular as clockwork they would be back in season 8weeks later

Y.I.S Leeview

ideal, this is now having me thinking why some neutered ferretswill still have the horn and others wont, as for 8 weeks if put with a vas hob id be expecting atleast 12 weeks but then it could all be due to the amount of light the jills are gatting,

Thanks for the advice Leeview.

Hey droid have I ever told you this very same thing? Totally agree romany52 we have a similar amount of knowledge making 100yrs between us of keeping/working ferrets,I predict this thread will deteriate from here on due to droid believing that (a)all ferrets will work and(B) you cant breed for work because there isnt a gene for it :tongue2:

Y.I.S Leeview

This is getting very interesting, i think that all ferrets will work given the chance but then you do have your working strain that is proven to work and last the day time in time out. but if you are a novice then having just a std ferret will be ok as it will work for you, even a ferret that has never seen a rabbit being put to ground where theeis a plauge of them then it surely going to look good when there is rabbits popping out all over the place but good workers will go deep and shift the stubborn ones or atleast try.

Y.I.S Leeview

This is getting very interesting, i think that all ferrets will work given the chance but then you do have your working strain that is proven to work and last the day time in time out. but if you are a novice then having just a std ferret will be ok as it will work for you, even a ferret that has never seen a rabbit being put to ground where theeis a plauge of them then it surely going to look good when there is rabbits popping out all over the place but good workers will go deep and shift the stubborn ones or atleast try.

yes it is many a ferret will barely go in a hole and a rabbit will bolt(had this happen plenty of times while netting up without the ferret even entered) but that is far from being called a worker IMHO but some do, I expec my ferrets to go deep and shift or despatch the rabbits and move on emerging when there is nothing left in to bolt

Y.I.S Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

Bloody hell, I was wondering where you were. :laugh::laugh:

You have a similar amount of knowledge of working, 'Lee'.

Your knowledge of genetics is somewhat sparser though.... :clapper: Find me a reference that proves a 'working' gene and I'll believe you. Until then, I remain sceptical.

While you're at it, you could find a reference that says Waardenbergs is contageous :laugh:

Edited by droid

Y.I.S Leeview

Your knowledge of genetics is somewhat sparser though.... :clapper:

yes you have a greater knowledge of genetics through reading/studying books my experience comes from hands on working and noting whats happening :tongue2: got your peas in yet? :clapper:

Y.I.S Leeview

Edited by Leeview

Y.I.S Leeview

Your knowledge of genetics is somewhat sparser though.... :clapper: Find me a reference that proves a 'working' gene and I'll believe you. Until then, I remain sceptical.

While you're at it, you could find a reference that says Waardenbergs is contageous :laugh:

waardenbergs is cotageous?

Over the year's i have had ferrets i have never found this to be the case WHY purley because it is not the case.

Edited by wullieh

Ove the year i have had ferres i have never found this to be the case WHY purley because it is not the case.

droid trying to be humourous :clapper: Ive argued that not one case of Waardenburgs has been proven in the UK whereas in the USA its not uncommon in ferrets

I believe wullieh may have a little more knowledge about research into the UK gene pool thats ongoing? :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

Ove the year i have had ferres i have never found this to be the case WHY purley because it is not the case.

droid trying to be humourous :clapper: Ive argued that not one case of Waardenburgs has been proven in the UK whereas in the USA its not uncommon in ferrets

I believe wullieh may have a little more knowledge about research into the UK gene pool thats ongoing? :thumbs:

Y.I.S Leeview

Waarinberg syndrome is more prone to be in ferrets that have silver through them, hence the reason they say that you should not breed silver to silver, Waarenbeg shows up on a ferret in the way of a white stripe down there head and this is in most cases leading to the ferret being deaf. if you have a ferret with this then i would stri=only advise not to breed from it. as when working your ferret they count on there hearing aswell as there smell.

Ps waarenberg is in the uk but alot of ferret owners will not know there ferrets have it and will just think it a cool white stripe downe there head and will call it a name like Gizmo out of the gremlins due to this.

Edited by wullieh